Delta FAs (Former NWA, please) PBS Information

N903AW

Veteran
Jul 27, 2005
KPHX
Visit site
I would like to ask any former Northwest Flight Attendants about your PBS system.

With our current push for a Joint Contract, our management has been firm on installing PBS at US Airways. Considering that many of our VPs (including in Scheduling) migrated here from Northwest, I am thinking that our system will be similar to what they installed at NWA.

Some questions I would like to propose:

Did implementation of PBS at NWA reduce the number of Reserves or increase the number?

What hourly cap did they place on maximum number of hours to build your monthly schedule? Did this cap affect staffing levels?

Did the ability to bid "low time" (ie. 40 hours for example) provide the ability for more junior people, who were on reserve prior to PBS. to hold lines?

Did implementation of PBS cause furloughs?

What flexibility did you have after PBS was installed to change your schedules once your monthly schedule was built?

Who benefitted most from PBS? What affects did it have on the seniority range (senior, mid-senior, junior)?

I am asking only former NWA Flight Attendants because the system that you have is similar in many, many ways to the system our management wishes to install here. The PBS system on the Delta (Atlanta Side) would not be comparable because of an entirely different structure of their Flight Attendant scheduling (ie. reserve system, etc.).

Your insight and professional opinions on how PBS has worked, or has not worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
N903AW