Delta is booted from Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
yet it is even more telling that WN/FL will be at half the number of flights they had at ATL just a few years ago - and DL didn't have to have to use laws to force WN out of ATL.

DL just had to win in the marketplace.

A concept that WN is increasingly fearful of having to use.

yeah... notice the comments even from readers that highlight how uncompetitive the situation is and how effectively AA and WN have been able to buy control of the N. Texas market to the detriment of consumers.

Meanwhile in real and openly competitive markets like PHL, SLC, and of course ATL, WN continues to shrink.

As much as you would like to think that DL's hub closure had anything to do with it, why don't you ask why AA had no more control over their outcome and they have the 2nd largest hub in the US at DFW and their HDQ is still in N. Texas - and they got booted out of DAL too.

So, in a word, NO.

WorldTraveler said:
As much as you would like to think that DL's hub closure had anything to do with it, why don't you ask why AA had no more control over their outcome and they have the 2nd largest hub in the US at DFW and their HDQ is still in N. Texas - and they got booted out of DAL too.
Sorry, Skippy, but there's no comparison to the situation with AA and with DL.

AA still ultimately owns the lease at DAL, and the stipulations prohibiting AA and WN from operating at DAL and DFW respective expire before AA's lease at DAL does.

Once the settlement with the DOJ expires, AA has the ability to o to VX what UA just did to DL.

How's that for controlling an outcome?...

WorldTraveler said:
yeah... notice the comments even from readers that highlight how uncompetitive the situation is and how effectively AA and WN have been able to buy control of the N. Texas market to the detriment of consumers.

Meanwhile in real and openly competitive markets like PHL, SLC, and of course ATL, WN continues to shrink.
Speaking of shrinking, watch Delta shrink right out of Dallas Love Field...

Hey WT, what will Delta do about all those customers expecting to fly from DAL after W/A is gone?  I have also told you that it would be funny to watch all the customers  relocate over to both SWA and Virgin as they can no longer use Delta out of LF.  Will Delta refund all the monies since they were sold illegally?  Or will Delta simply transfer all passengers over to DFW now?  Will there be enough time to contact all the passengers to let them know about all Delta flights sold out of LF no longer exist?  What a huge headache.  How many passengers will leave Delta over this big fiasco, when Delta knew this could happen and as I told you it would happen from the get go?  As of now Delta will no longer exist at LF after 10-13-14, how does that feel chief???

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry, Skippy, but there's no comparison to the situation with AA and with DL.

AA still ultimately owns the lease at DAL, and the stipulations prohibiting AA and WN from operating at DAL and DFW respective expire before AA's lease at DAL does.

Once the settlement with the DOJ expires, AA has the ability to o to VX what UA just did to DL.

How's that for controlling an outcome?...

and if AA ultimately returns to DAL and DL cannot serve it at all, it will further validate the duopoly that has existed in N. Texas between AA and WN and that consumers are the ones who are paying for a lack of true competition

and it also validates that DL can and does win in the marketplace where it can legally compete with other carriers - and where DL does not throw up artificial barriers that limit DL's own competition.

Speaking of shrinking, watch Delta shrink right out of Dallas Love Field...

and with all due respect 6 flights on DL's network is nothing compared to 130 between FL/WN's peak at ATL and where they are now.

Hey WT, what will Delta do about all those customers expecting to fly from DAL after W/A is gone?  I have also told you that it would be funny to watch all the customers  relocate over to both SWA and Virgin as they can no longer use Delta out of LF.  Will Delta refund all the monies since they were sold illegally?  Or will Delta simply transfer all passengers over to DFW now?  Will there be enough time to contact all the passengers to let them know about all Delta flights sold out of LF no longer exist?  What a huge headache.  How many passengers will leave Delta over this big fiasco, when Delta knew this could happen and as I told you it would happen from the get go?  As of now Delta will no longer exist at LF after 10-13-14, how does that feel chief???
uh... there are industry standard procedures for situations like this.

DL will either rebook the passengers out of DFW or refund the money.

it is the EXACT same thing that WN did when it closed stations like EYW and JAN.

except that DL serves an airport in the same city. Not so much for WN.

WorldTraveler said:

and if AA ultimately returns to DAL and DL cannot serve it at all, it will further validate the duopoly that has existed in N. Texas between AA and WN and that consumers are the ones who are paying for a lack of true competition

and it also validates that DL can and does win in the marketplace where it can legally compete with other carriers - and where DL does not throw up artificial barriers that limit DL's own competition.

and with all due respect 6 flights on DL's network is nothing compared to 130 between FL/WN's peak at ATL and where they are now.

uh... there are industry standard procedures for situations like this.

DL will either rebook the passengers out of DFW or refund the money.

it is the EXACT same thing that WN did when it closed stations like EYW and JAN.

except that DL serves an airport in the same city. Not so much for WN.
Hey dummy.  It has nothing to do with the number of flights.  I don't care if it's 6 or 600, the fact still remains that Delta is out at LF, which you constantly repeated over and over and over again that it would not happen,  AND if it did Delta will sue.   I told you as soon as they announced AA to divest the 2 gates at LF that Delta will have to leave LF or share gates with the other airlines at LF.  But apparently UAL decided to utilize their gates further and take advantage of the W/A going away.  Since United has 2 gates, and Virgin has 2 gates, and of course SWA has 16 gates, that leaves zilch, natta, zero gates for Delta.  Now I know I have been having fun at your expense as of late, but still doesn't change the fact that all of this was out of Delta's control and Delta was simply the 3rd party affected by an agreement forced upon AA by the DOJ.  The DOJ never intended to hurt Delta when they made these restrictions on AA, however, once ownership changed with the gates they have full rights to use those gates to their fullest and therefore there is no longer any room to fit Delta in at LF.  I also don't think it was going to be efficient for Delta to run out of both airports in Dallas.   And pls stop constantly saying the monopoly that AA and SWA holds in N. Tx.  Delta (as well as other airlines) has the same thing where they dominate in certain cities.  You know WT, just admit you were wrong.  That way I can move on to your twin brother over this alliance/NMB/ruling coming forth...

first of two carriers splitting the market is a duopoly, not a monopoly.

and second, yes, you are right that DL is the victim of a campaign to dominate the market.

And the DOJ absolutely did have the ability to argue that DL had a right to bid for the gates.

As the #4 carrier in Texas, there is no doubt that DL serves as a far better challenge to the established legacy carriers than even WN does.

DL competes with other legacy carriers. WN has chosen to build as much of its network as possible away from the reach of other legacy carriers.

It is no surprise that WN wants to build its int'l network at BWI, HOU and other hubs instead of in markets like ATL where it would have to compete with DL.

The majority of the routes that DL serves from Texas are directly competitive with other airlines.

What you cannot deny is that other cities in the US do not tolerate the restrictions that AA and WN have been able to construct around DFW and DAL and in those markets DL is very effective at competing against anyone that comes along.

I don't know DL's next steps in N. Texas but I can absolutely assure you that DL will ocntinue to grow in key markets in other parts of the country where competition is open to all.

AA and WN didn't construct the barriers around DAL. Congress and the courts did. Take it up with them.

Reactions: 2 people
and if you don't think that Congress didn't act at the request of AA and WN, you are disconnected from reality.

The courts only enforce the laws that exist.

NO such laws exist anywhere else in the US.

N. Texas consumers have been subject to the whims of AA and WN for years; the latest move further confirms it.

WN can finish off Virgin America in a couple months if it wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.