The Southwest and Delta battle for gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
no, I use the correct verb tenses and moods because they mean different things.

The English language as well as many languages have the ability to express different degrees of probability.

"WILL" is a definite form; might and may are less so.

I have repeatedly noted what MIGHT happen and what WILL happen and I have also noted that I am willing to be judged based on what actually happens based on what I said.
WorldTraveler said:
Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

The idea that DAL and WN can hide behind a 20 gate limit to restrict the operation to 3 carriers with WN having 80% of them is beyond delusional.

WorldTraveler said:
Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

No, you are delusional if you think the 30th busiest airport in the US will remain open to only 3 jet carriers who control all of the real estate.

That's right. DAL, based on currently published schedules, comes out as having more seats than HOU and just under PDX and not far behind TPA.

You are beyond delusional if you think there will be lawmakers in the US who will accept that the 30th busiest airport in the US will be occupied by only 3 carriers, you are the one that is beyond delusional.
And now that these conditions exist, don't forget,

You MIGHT be "beyond delusional",

but you were surly WRONG.

Reactions: 4 people
WNMECH said:
Now you think we forget what you claimed before the 2 UAL gates were sub-leased to WN.
You were sayin this.
vvvvvvvvvvvv

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

WorldTraveler

no it didn't.

Tell me when the Wright Amendment was challenged by other airlines over THEIR access to DAL or DFW.

AA and WN fought plenty but the assumption ALWAYS was that the federal government would preserve the interests of non-Texas airlines.

UP until the AA/US merger, non-Texas airlines had no reason to get involved in the mess at DAL and DFW.

that might well be changing.

WN is trying to squat on as much of DAL as possible before they find that a judge rules that they overstepped their bounds.

There is no legal justification for saying that DAL told airlines to accommodate DL and then have them all decide to make deals among themselves to keep DL out.

You might find how well DL can put together NATIONWIDE support for reopening the whole Wright Amendment and everything related to it and strip WN of the gates it does have at DAL and the gates they have until every carrier that wants to serve DAL has the right to be accommodated.

The best laugh will come when AA, DL, and UA all serve DAL along with VX and WN is forced to split its N. Texas oprations between DFW and DAL or settle for the same size operation it had at the time WN's first schedules were published

WN doesn't want to and hasn't competed against carriers if they can avoid it.

You don't need to keep arguing with me.

I am just telling you what is coming
Let's see, Yup he flipped again...

WNMECH said:
We are not on the same page because you keep changing your claims while I have not.
While you were saying the WARA would be overturned, I was posting this.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

And flipped again...

WNMECH said:
But BS is still BS.
Where is the word MIGHT in these lines you wrote.

VVVVVVVVVVVV

The best laugh will come when AA, DL, and UA all serve DAL along with VX and WN is forced to split its N. Texas oprations between DFW and DAL or settle for the same size operation it had at the time WN's first schedules were published.

WN doesn't want to and hasn't competed against carriers if they can avoid it.

You don't need to keep arguing with me.

I am just telling you what is coming
Looks more like back peddling here...

WNMECH said:
Worldspinster should just put the word MIGHT in his name line so he can spout as much BS as possible and claim he didn't mean it.
Well actually as you pointed out correct "he never used the word "might" to begin with", but he will say he always had, typical of him...

WNMECH said:
And now that these conditions exist, don't forget,

You MIGHT be "beyond delusional",

but you were surly WRONG.
"Beyond Delusional" Especially when self titled, is more accurate.  

Reactions: 2 people
It's sad that some people see the need to argue and deny agreement rather than admit someone else might be right and there is agreement.

If DL does end up using WN's gates at all, then it is a victory not only for DL but it is a denial that WN's public stance including Gary Kelly's most recent statements that WN has or will have no space, is inaccurate.

The DOT has said that DAL has to be accommodated because DL has continuously served DAL since the time the time the WA restrictions fell.

The DOT requirements do not excuse DAL from complying with those requirements regardless of whether the 16 gates are in question or the 2 extra gates are part of the discussion.

but given that WN acquired the 2 UA gates that were not part of WN's original gate holdings at the time of the 5PA or WN held at the time of the fall of the WA restrictions, that is exactly why I believe DL has a claim to remain at DAL and WN will be the carrier that will have to accommodate DL.

the case is going to be heard before the Appeals Court.

If you want to admit that WN will end up having to accommodate DL on the 2 exUA gates, then we are in agreement.

If you don't want to admit that, then we can wait to see how the case plays out and then one of us can admit they were right and the other was wrong.

and I also still believe there is the possibility that an antitrust case against WN could take place placed because of WN's acquisition of the 2 UA gates which further concentrated WN's activities at DAL above what is protected by the 5PA and which also has served to allow WN to enter markets which WN knew that DL intended to start if DL had more gates.

I'm glad the case is going to the Appeals court which is where I thought it would end up.

My expectation is that DL will continue to remain at DAL and that WN will not have complete if any use of the 2 exUA gates

and again, given that WN pushed so hard to gain access to DCA and LGA using the guise of not being able to serve the DCA and LGA markets without gaining additional slots and yet WN wants to be free to eliminate competitors at DAL, DL is likely to continue to push the case.

CHAOS IN DALLAS

Now AA wants back in at DAL.
This suit was a smart move by the city.
Maybe it's time to open the cap on gates at DAL, SWA, AA, Virgin, Delta, and even Seaport all want to add flights at DAL.  I say all lease holders, airlines and the COD get together and file all together to rehash the 20 gate limit at DAL, there is room for more gates.  Too much demand to leave the cap in place.

Dallas asks U.S. court to solve gate fight at Love Field

Here is Virgins response to the drama going on at Dallas Love Field:

Virgin America CEO weighs in on Love Field 'mess,' hints at more flights

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.