Delta is booted from Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
and yet he can't tell us....

nothing like living out your grudges in front of all the world
Ok. I let you stir long enough.  I have NO connection to Delta what-so-ever.  NOT me, NOT relatives, nothing, notta, zilch.  But you seem to have some idea that I do.  Why is that WT?  Why do you think this way?  C'mon man show some more of your BS.  Now what kind of BS will you go with since I just knocked your thought completely out of the water?  Take some time off so you can think up another story to go with.  You keep going Boy, keep going.  Gotta LUV this stuff man...

BTW WT;  Here's some feel good news for you.  Looks like Delta MIGHT sue for the gates at LF.  But guess what? They will waste their money, AND it is only a thought for now, It more than likely will not happen.  Here is the article,  we can only laugh at this time.  You just gotta LUV this stuff man...  BTW, why haven't you posted this yet???  Hmmmmm...

Delta threatens legal action against city

Reactions: 1 person
so you didn't tell the truth that you were personally affected by DL's downsizing of DFW?

and if you are motivated to prove me wrong because I point out facts that you don't want to hear, then it says volumes about you, not me.

I have a lot of respect for WN and I appreciate you saying the same thing about DL. But I'm not blind to anything about DL or WN.

Specific to this discussion, WN has tried to do all it could to AVOID having to compete with any other carrier even while arguing how it was deprived of access to the nation's biggest markets - LGA and DCA - and managed to get access with 50 flights/day but can't stand the prospect of having to compete with DL with 6 flights/day to ATL.

WN's business model has long been to find markets which it could dominate without competition from other carriers.

As long as they can do that and other carriers can get access, no one cares.

But WN clearly acts as if DAL is THEIR airport and is willing to do whatever it can to keep other carriers out and that is precisely why there will be legal fights until other carriers get access.

And I can assure you as well that, if DL can't get access, DL will have a huge case in arguing that the whole Wright Amendment is uncompetitive even with all its revisions and that the whole gate assignment issue has to be scrapped and access restarted beginning with whoever wants to serve DAL, and that includes AA. WN can and should be free to operate int'l flights from DAL and serve DFW as well.

If you don't think those questions will be raised and those legal issues will be pushed, stick around.

WorldTraveler said:
so you didn't tell the truth that you were personally affected by DL's downsizing of DFW?
He said he had first hand experience with how DL treats its employees.

You're the one who decided that it had to be because he or a relative worked at The Mother Ship.

Newsflash for you, Skippy: witnessing something also qualifies as first hand.

I have first hand experience with death. It doesn't mean I'm dead.

WorldTraveler said:
WN's business model has long been to find markets which it could dominate without competition from other carriers.
Yeah, I think you've got things a bit backward, Skippy.

WN's business model has been to grow where there's O&D traffic and keep costs low. Their largest expansion in history came when they started going head to head with UA on the west coast. They took on HP in PHX, HP in LAS, UA in DEN, and UA at LAX.

Don't confuse the preference for low costs with a desire to avoid competition. You've already argued too many times the other way around when it comes to co-terminals like DAL/DFW or ORD/MDW. Then again, you've also tried to argue that EWR and LGA/JFK are distinct markets and don't compete with each other.

If anything, DL's business model for a long time was to avoid direct competition. After DL failed going head to head with AA at DFW, they retreated to PDX, SLC, CVG, and ATL. NWA never bothered with other airlines either -- they were successful mainly due to fortress strength in DTW, MSP, and MEM.

It wasn't until DL started the push in NYC that they decided to grow in a market dominated by someone else.

Reactions: 4 people
eolesen said:
He said he had first hand experience with how DL treats its employees.You're the one who decided that it had to be because he or a relative worked at The Mother Ship.Newsflash for you, Skippy: witnessing something also qualifies as first hand.I have first hand experience with death. It doesn't mean I'm dead.
I think he would go to great lengths to try and destroy the career of someone who bad mouths his former employer. This especially after seeing his comment about Delta paying a small price to get rid of someone.

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:

and if you are motivated to prove me wrong because I point out facts that you don't want to hear, then it says volumes about you, not me.

I have a lot of respect for WN and I appreciate you saying the same thing about DL. But I'm not blind to anything about DL or WN.

Specific to this discussion, WN has tried to do all it could to AVOID having to compete with any other carrier even while arguing how it was deprived of access to the nation's biggest markets - LGA and DCA - and managed to get access with 50 flights/day but can't stand the prospect of having to compete with DL with 6 flights/day to ATL.

As long as they can do that and other carriers can get access, no one cares.

But WN clearly acts as if DAL is THEIR airport and is willing to do whatever it can to keep other carriers out and that is precisely why there will be legal fights until other carriers get access.

And I can assure you as well that, if DL can't get access, DL will have a huge case in arguing that the whole Wright Amendment is uncompetitive even with all its revisions and that the whole gate assignment issue has to be scrapped and access restarted beginning with whoever wants to serve DAL, and that includes AA. WN can and should be free to operate int'l flights from DAL and serve DFW as well.

If you don't think those questions will be raised and those legal issues will be pushed, stick around.
You are worse than a 3 year old.  Big E has explained it to you, maybe (but I doubt it) you will take it all in and comprehend something.

Status
Not open for further replies.