Delta may purchase some Max 10's

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
This would be Delta's first purchase of the Max family of aircraft if this goes thru. A good choice of aircraft for Delta to be used. Stay tuned for further advancements...

This would be Delta's first purchase of the Max family of aircraft if this goes thru. A good choice of aircraft for Delta to be used. Stay tuned for further advancements...

as I mentioned in another thread, sounds like it'll mean a LEAP overhaul deal to come with it. Will be curious to see how its stacks up revenue wise to the Pratt and Rolls deals.

Will also be curious to see if this gives the 787 a foot in the door and if it could mean a potential GEnX deal as well......

as I mentioned in another thread, sounds like it'll mean a LEAP overhaul deal to come with it. Will be curious to see how its stacks up revenue wise to the Pratt and Rolls deals.

Will also be curious to see if this gives the 787 a foot in the door and if it could mean a potential GEnX deal as well......
Absolutely, with the Max purchases, I expect a GE agreement for the Leap Engines at Delta. That's usually a no brainer when they get aircraft with the Leap Engines.
Not sure about the 787's getting foot in door, but, it very well could use this opportunity to try.

Not sure DL needs the 787 as much as they might have five years ago.

Flying to secondary Eastern Europe just got a lot more sketchy/dangerous, and they seem content to carry people to Seoul and connect on KE to secondary Asian destinations.

Delta does it again. Signs new agreement contract for years of supplying fuel. At todays fuel prices (of course they did not sign on todays prices for the full contract) would mean several hundred millions coming in for Delta. Not bad for purchasing that fuel farm they bought way back when for mere millions huh???
Speaking of contracts if/when they sign for the Max 10's I assure you they will also get a Leap agreement with GE too...

Uh, that's not even close what this deal is. This is DL spending $2.8B for sustainable fuel purchased from Gevo, and paying roughly $38/gallon if you include the "environmental benefits" that are being quoted.

Jet fuel at today's elevated prices is only at $4/gallon.

Green fuel that's costing almost 10x as much as petro-fuel is hardly what I'd a good deal... Taking out the environmental credits, I'd guess it's still at least 5x more expensive per gallon.