Delta named Airline of the Year by Air Transport World

robbed,
I'm sorry you not only don't understand the word "stakeholder" but you don't understand the concept behind why some companies win and others don't - and it absolutely involves their employees.

I acknowledged the contributions of everyone involved and continue to say that DL's success is .

I'm sorry that your world isn't big enough to acknowledge that it takes a team to win, regardless of the type of initiative.

DL employees understand the concept. ATW gave the award to DL because DL is running extraordinarily well.

Congrats to everyone who has contributed to make it happen and benefits because of DL's success.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't doubt that, robbed.

what you said here indicates either you don't know the meaning of the word "stakeholder" or you don't or won't believe in it - or both.

either way, it is ok. DL people do understand the concept and are succeeding because DL as well as other successful companies are built upon it.

ATW recognized DL because everyone is winning.

robbedagain said:
I actually do understand and I do know the concept of stakeholders.
If you "DO" understand the concept of stakeholders, why are you all over WT about it!

I'm an employee, therefore a stakeholder! 

Next!

Would I be receiving a raise , in the next few months or a substantial profit sharing check, if my company were not doing well! Probably not!

Did my company have to give me a raise or bonus check? Nope!

Do I believe that myself and fellow co-workers contribute to the success of the company I "Decided" to work for ?  Absolutely!

so as a stake holder  you lost just about everything back when dl went ch 11  and youre ok with that?   so if im a stake holder in us  and lost everything in 2 ch 11   and now that we are aa  its ok for aa stake holders to get their returns   but not for stake holders like me from the old us?  that a heck of an issue       we "stake holders" at the new aa also contribute to the success of the new company  but i guess since its dl  dl conquers and rules the world and to he!! with all of the others 

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
so as a stake holder  you lost just about everything back when dl went ch 11  and youre ok with that?   so if im a stake holder in us  and lost everything in 2 ch 11   and now that we are aa  its ok for aa stake holders to get their returns   but not for stake holders like me from the old us?  that a heck of an issue       we "stake holders" at the new aa also contribute to the success of the new company  but i guess since its dl  dl conquers and rules the world and to he!! with all of the others 
If you've had a union representing you throughout merger, what's the problem?
Didn't they have your back?

Reactions: 3 people
The dramatics by some are amusing.  What does AA/UA/US have to do with this thread? 
All this because one poster doesn't understand what a stakeholder is?

Got me, but most of us are pretty well numbed to it by now.

I guess it's easier to try and distract people by deflecting negative attention onto other airlines than it is to actually address what other people might be saying when it comes to Delta...

the airline industry is highly competitive. DL has achieved what it has including this award because it is growing its network into key industry markets, including ones where other carriers have been traditionally stronger than DL; DL is increasing the quality of its product; DL is running a better operation than most of its peers; DL has some of the most stable labor relations in the airline industry which is known for bad labor relations; and DL is generating profits that are at or above levels which network/legacy airlines have seen in a long time and touching levels even LCCs have generated.

An award like this by nature considered other carriers - and they chose DL.

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
DL has some of the most stable labor relations in the airline industry which is known for bad labor relations
And thats why there are two active union organizing drives at DL.

You really are out of touch with reality.

DL has had multiple labor organizing campaigns in its history.

What it has not had is labor getting enough votes to increase unionization among DL's largest labor groups.

If labor couldn't even come up with enough votes right after the merger when there were thousands of unionized NW workers who already belonged to unions but chose not to continue with them, the chances are very, very low that DL employees today are going to risk compensation programs that have made DL employees at or above its peers in either absolute compensation or growth in compensation.

The ATW cited that DL's labor relations are some of the best in the industry and DL is one of the least unionized large airlines in the world.

It is what it is.

You should be focused on savings jobs in the AA/US merger. Sounds like the hammer is about ready to come down.

Reactions: 2 people
Spin spin spin.

Did you get that opinion by your breakroom visits?

Bottom line is, everything isnt peachy at DL like you portray, seems many active employees have a different opinion than you do.