Delta Pilots Reach Tentative Deal on New Contract With Airline

Status
Not open for further replies.
BABABOOY said:
Once again the IAM cheerleaders are trying to ride the coat tails of ALPA.
The IAM only wishes they could be as respected and professional as ALPA.
Delta's past statements were about the IAM and their lousy track record. To try
And lump the two organizations is disingenuous at best, however I expect no less on these boards.
Lol a DL FA saying someone else is trying to ride ALPAs coat tail 

that is very funny there glass house. 

Reactions: 2 people
i completely believe him

let another work group get enough cards signed and the butt hurt will flow again.
you do realize that this is nothing new.... DL has been flying for the better part of 9 decades including during the height of the union movement in the US and the majority of DL workgroups not only didn't vote for union representation but chose to dismantle it after the NW merger when the unions had the best shot any union could ask for to have unionized DL employees.

but instead tens of thousands of union cards became a collector's item and DL employees remained above average compensated compared to their peers.

as much as you and others want to believe otherwise, it is a simple dollars and sense and cents decision for DL employees and the value is just not there for DL employees to hire a union.

speaking of coattails, it is notable that you seek your emotional gratification from the unionization efforts that go on in other workgroups since your own have virtually no interest.

closet NW ramper you are.

WorldTraveler said:
you do realize that this is nothing new.... DL has been flying for the better part of 9 decades including during the height of the union movement in the US and the majority of DL workgroups not only didn't vote for union representation but chose to dismantle it after the NW merger when the unions had the best shot any union could ask for to have unionized DL employees.

but instead tens of thousands of union cards became a collector's item and DL employees remained above average compensated compared to their peers.

as much as you and others want to believe otherwise, it is a simple dollars and sense and cents decision for DL employees and the value is just not there for DL employees to hire a union.

speaking of coattails, it is notable that you seek your emotional gratification from the unionization efforts that go on in other workgroups since your own have virtually no interest.

closet NW ramper you are.
nope, I'm just not in the I got mine crowd like you and southwind. 
Glad you guys don't give a crap about the other employees of the airline or industry but I do. 

Reactions: 1 person
uh... since DL employee compensation has literally soared since I left, your statement couldn't be more inaccurate or stupid if you tried.

DL's best times are NOW and pay reflects it.

If I wanted to enjoy the fruit of my efforts to help turn DL around, I wouldn't have left to go work in a non-profit environment.

WorldTraveler said:
uh... since DL employee compensation has literally soared since I left, your statement couldn't be more inaccurate or stupid if you tried.

DL's best times are NOW and pay reflects it.

If I wanted to enjoy the fruit of my efforts to help turn DL around, I wouldn't have left to go work in a non-profit environment.
again, pay isn't everything.

of course it isn't but if the pay doesn't work, nothing else will.

and you might find a few DL employees who would settle for lower pay in return for other things but they will be in a small minority.

as much as you want to believe otherwise, DL knows very well what motivates its employees and it is precisely because they can deliver to those desires that the unions don't make inroads among DL employee groups.

Love that "NW ramper" is being thrown around as some sort of epithet.

Show me someone who still thinks organization efforts are being driven by PMNW people, and I'll show you someone completely out of touch.

Show me someone who still thinks organization efforts are being driven by PMNW people, and I'll show you someone completely out of touch.
that has got to be one of the most laughable comments I have read on this board in a real long time.

a good laugh and I didn't even have to smell the elephant dung at the circus.

what a lovely present.

I do have to wade thru it here, however.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
that has got to be one of the most laughable comments I have read on this board in a real long time.

a good laugh and I didn't even have to smell the elephant dung at the circus.

what a lovely present.
Says someone who was never a FA and left DL over eight years ago.

Reactions: 4 people
you're still wrong but as with so many other topics, you keep belching the same thing despite the fact that you have repeatedly been told you are wrong.

700UW said:
Says someone who was never a FA and left DL over eight years ago.
Yeah,well, like I said...

PMNW...PMDL... Post merger hires...

There's heavy lifting being done by all 3...

Back to this topic: I see Meto is here, so maybe he can tell us some of what the TA contains. If everything is still proprietary, then I would like to know what a 777 driver looks for in a CBA...

if heavy lifting is going on, then a number of someone's aren't holding up their ends of the bargain.

let's not forget that the only card drive that resulted in a request to the NMB for representation got pulled due to lack of interest.

No it got pulled because of fraudulent activity and is being investigated by the DOJ.

The NMB gave the IAM a head's up, otherwise they wouldnt have known.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Still waiting for DL to discipline the anti-union FAs who on DL's own FB page admitted such fraudulent behavior, yet nothing has been done.

poor little kiddies... afraid that the DOJ might not do its job.

Are you afraid that they might be bought off as badly as WN did?

Status
Not open for further replies.