Delta to have twice as many pilots as needed in the Fall

Yea. I know. That''s the same article I was talking about addressed to Kev. With the big 3 dependant on so much international flights I am sure it will hit them first come Oct. I wish the best for your nephew, but hope he is prepared for the worse. Good luck to him adding your nephew to my list of airline employees during prayers jim...

How many years does he have?

My nephew is a USMC helicopter pilot who is supposed to be out in a couple months, and planned on applying somewhere in the commercial arena, but this will put that plan on hold a few years. Fortunately there are still good jobs out there for helo pilots.

The 7000 number is for this fall, but DL has noted that the total affected pilots will likely be much lower for Q3 2021, after being be offset by early retirements, leaves, etc. The company is currently working with DALPA to work those details out. My guess is that they will do something close to what AA has offered their pilots.

All that aside, no one is hitting the street right away; the #1 pilot on the list is being displaced, so literally everyone is subject to displacement. That's gonna take a long time to sort out.

Not long for those at the bottom. Especially if the B717 fleet goes away.

Not years, but also not days/weeks. Separately, I saw that DL is still planning to run about half of the current 717 fleet (45ish planes) for the foreseeable future. Take that with the appropriate grain of salt.

DL n UA have said similar. No word from AA. SW says if traffic does not pick up fall then a major restructuring. Prayers to all. Hope for best but expect worse. I hope itll get better

How many years does he have?

My nephew is a USMC helicopter pilot who is supposed to be out in a couple months, and planned on applying somewhere in the commercial arena, but this will put that plan on hold a few years. Fortunately there are still good jobs out there for helo pilots.

My nephew graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1994. His 20-year commitment was completed in 2014 which is when he retired from the AF and went to work at DL. So, he has approx. 6 years seniority with DL.