Delta trying to compete with LCC's

WorldTraveler said:
no can do.

AA signed an agreement with the DOJ to not serve DAL.-----There are loop holes, tornado, get a clue.  Just like SWA is not to operate any more than 16 gates, right?  Helloooooo...  Yes It can happen.

thank you for confirming that you are little more than a petty 3rd grade girl.

If you are driven by your need to compulsively say something that has no basis in reality and is motivated solely by vengeance, then you are the one that needs help.

thank you for confirming who you really are.
I could only sit back and laugh again...

Reactions: 1 person
you could....

and since you have clearly established that what you post on here is driven solely by vengeance and in the complete absence of any intelligent conversation, you are free to do whatever you need to do.

WorldTraveler said:
you could....

and since you have clearly established that what you post on here is driven solely by vengeance and in the complete absence of any intelligent conversation, you are free to do whatever you need to do.
Wrong again skippy. It's already been done.  I thought you actually kept up with the DAL info.  Guess not.  It will get done again in the future, watch and learn.  And BTW; don't even think you will be successful in using the vengeance issue against me, it won't work.  Trust me junior, I know way more about the operations, rules and regs about DAL LF than you will ever be able to comprehend. So quit trying to discredit me, it certainly won't work here where everyone knows what you really are...

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
no can do.AA signed an agreement with the DOJ to not serve DAL.  thank you for confirming that you are little more than a petty 3rd grade girl.If you are driven by your need to compulsively say something that has no basis in reality and is motivated solely by vengeance, then you are the one that needs help.thank you for confirming who you really are.

" a pretty third grade girl". Nice talk coming from a preacher !!!! Is this how you talk to your congregation??? WWJD

even by your standards, Jim, tbat statement is inflammatory and requires a response.
And my response would be to Gandhi, how could Hinduism have created the most oppressive class system that affects more humans than any other belief system? Since you clearly werenot in the lowest classes or the outcastes (dalits), you don't see their suffering.

Perhaps you can explain why more Hindus are leaving their faith for CHristianity and why more Indians are looking to go to the west than stay at home. Can you tell us the number ofwesternersthat aregiving up their citizenship to live in your cultures?

The issue the marketplace of ideas. When people are free to choose on their own, the evidence is overwhelming that they choose freedom to be what they want to be.

and before you argue that Christianity is dying, you would do well to look at where it is growing and the fact that it is. And you would also do well to look at rates of cvonersion vs. birth for all religions.

on that theme, I suppose thereis connection with this thread.
This board has long been a place where competing ideas are exchanged. Some people challellenge the status quo and group think and even step on people's toes by telling them what they don't want to hear.

Some people like swamt have proven they cannot engage in a debate without name calling. Every reference to me is peppered with "ïdiot" - that is 3rd grade PETTY stuff, whether you or he want to hear it or not.
DL like me knows how to compete. we have spent an entire thread trying to argue they can't despite overwhelming evidence that DL has had more success in defending its network against low fare carriers than any other legacy carrier. US did a great job in PHL but look at the shame that US has in PIT and other former US hubs vs. what DL has even in its former hubs.
Some people and some organizatons know how to compete in the marketplace, whether it be about ideas or products and services.
Others make lots of noise but competing ideas and products win out.
Whether it be about faith of airline seats, the choice of the people is evidence of who provides what people want.
DL has competed better and has figured out to provide what customers want.
Some people on this board know how to compete in a marketplace of ideas. Others are marginalized and will continue to be.

Btw, if there was any evidence needed that my participation drives activity on this forum, my lack of activity for 24hours and the resulting drop in activity on this forum is proof

swamt said:
Not enough room for all their flights at DAL.  Heck, not enough room for the 22 flights they were advertising and sold tickets illegally for from DAL.  They only have the 5 original, with no growth potential due to they have to share a gate and that's all they get is a 1/2 of a gate at DAL, hence only the 5 flights...
if it was illegal where is the fine from the DOT/DOJ/FAA? 

swamt said:
You may have something there.  Maybe SWA should lease part or all of a gate to AA, just like UAL leased out a gate to SWA for the 17th gate to be operated by SWA at LF. There is always those neat little loop holes in every contract.  I do foresee IF UAL were to leave LF all together (not saying they are) but IF they did, they would lease their gates to either SWA or Virgin or even another airline to come in, but, I don't think they would ever lease them to Delta, as they had that choice when they leased them to SWA behind closed doors.  See what happens when someone tries to be a bully where it comes to DAL LF...
A Wn employee calling Delta bully's? ha that is a good one swamt. 

why don't we go back a few years to first slot swap. Anyone remember how that went down? A so called LCC demanded that the DOT give them a large chunk of Delta and US Airways LGA/DCA slots just cause they are southwest. (thankfully Delta/US told them to go piss up a rope) 

So you are glass housing just a little bit with those comments. 

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
even by your standards, Jim, tbat statement is inflammatory and requires a response.
And my response would be to Gandhi, how could Hinduism have created the most oppressive class system that affects more humans than any other belief system? Since you clearly werenot in the lowest classes or the outcastes (dalits), you don't see their suffering.

Perhaps you can explain why more Hindus are leaving their faith for CHristianity and why more Indians are looking to go to the west than stay at home. Can you tell us the number ofwesternersthat aregiving up their citizenship to live in your cultures?

The issue the marketplace of ideas. When people are free to choose on their own, the evidence is overwhelming that they choose freedom to be what they want to be.

and before you argue that Christianity is dying, you would do well to look at where it is growing and the fact that it is. And you would also do well to look at rates of cvonersion vs. birth for all religions.

on that theme, I suppose thereis connection with this thread.
This board has long been a place where competing ideas are exchanged. Some people challellenge the status quo and group think and even step on people's toes by telling them what they don't want to hear.

Some people like swamt have proven they cannot engage in a debate without name calling. Every reference to me is peppered with "ïdiot" - that is 3rd grade PETTY stuff, whether you or he want to hear it or not.
DL like me knows how to compete. we have spent an entire thread trying to argue they can't despite overwhelming evidence that DL has had more success in defending its network against low fare carriers than any other legacy carrier. US did a great job in PHL but look at the shame that US has in PIT and other former US hubs vs. what DL has even in its former hubs.
Some people and some organizatons know how to compete in the marketplace, whether it be about ideas or products and services.
Others make lots of noise but competing ideas and products win out.
Whether it be about faith of airline seats, the choice of the people is evidence of who provides what people want.
DL has competed better and has figured out to provide what customers want.
Some people on this board know how to compete in a marketplace of ideas. Others are marginalized and will continue to be.

Btw, if there was any evidence needed that my participation drives activity on this forum, my lack of activity for 24hours and the resulting drop in activity on this forum is proof
I can't even find any words for this. 

Reactions: 4 people
Then don't. It's much more enjoyable here if you put him on ignore and just let him talk to himself.

Reactions: 6 people
of course you have spent your lengthy aviation internet career trying to deny that DL really does do a very good job of competing with low fare AND legacy carriers, so why would you want to engage in conversation to prove otherwise?

topDawg said:
if it was illegal where is the fine from the DOT/DOJ/FAA? 

A Wn employee calling Delta bully's? ha that is a good one swamt. 

why don't we go back a few years to first slot swap. Anyone remember how that went down? A so called LCC demanded that the DOT give them a large chunk of Delta and US Airways LGA/DCA slots just cause they are southwest. (thankfully Delta/US told them to go piss up a rope) 

So you are glass housing just a little bit with those comments. 
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much.  Glad someone saw the humor in it.  Wow, finally someone that gets it...

swamt said:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much.  Glad someone saw the humor in it.  Wow, finally someone that gets it...
I wasn't joking. 

However if you were then my bad.  :blush: