Delta trying to compete with LCC's

That is not what you said
DL's onboard service is not differentiated by fare type in the coach cabin

Every time a legacy carrier attempts to compete against an LCC, it is a brutal failure.

Every.
Single.
Time.

DL will be no different.

The road is littered with corpses named Metrojet, Song, Ted, Shuttle by United, Continental Lite.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh, I was following the WT model of changing the subject rather than admit I might have been wrong.  You must have misread what I originally wrote.  Only I seem to realize certain facts.  It is beyond you to understand these things never having had experience in customer service.

Reactions: 3 people
Every time a legacy carrier attempts to compete against an LCC, it is a brutal failure.

Every.
Single.
Time.

DL will be no different.

The road is littered with corpses named Metrojet, Song, Ted, Shuttle by United, Continental Lite.
legacies compete with LCC fares all the time.
all Fares have rules and privileges.
This is no different

WorldTraveler said:
your assumption is wrong.
there is no difference in onboard service on DL. There are no economy basic seats. The FA won't know who paid what fare - just like yesterday.
water, Coke, and punts, pretzels, or cookies are all free for all.
since AA doesn't provide that much for full fare coach passengers, you wouldn't understand.
Wanna bet moron?  They do know by their assigned seats.  What an idiot...

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
all Fares have rules and privileges.
This is no different
"HOW NICE" 
No different in the fact that nobody has been successful in competing with LCC's just like he stated.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:

That may be true, but I think the LCCs win these fare battles (in the sense of that LCCs don't lose money offering certain fares, whereas the legacies do lose money).  There are other features that the legacy carriers have & use to make money that the LCCs for the most part lack.

the legacies made many times more money than the LCCs or ULCCs.

and the legacies absolutely sold fares competitive with the LCCs.

your statement is devoid of the facts.

Wanna bet moron?  They do know by their assigned seats.  What an idiot...
you have absolutely no idea about assigned seats since your airline doesn't offer them.

there are NO seats on an aircraft that have a specific fare class associated with them.

the lowest fare passengers RIGHT NOW can end up in any seat.

these latest fare moves are to make sure that the highest fare passengers have the BEST choice of seats to assign which means the lowest fare passengers get their seats assigned at check-in.

since you clearly can't draw the parallel, WN's system puts the highest fare passengers in the first boarding group.

DL's system puts the lowest fare passengers in the group that board last and get seats assigned last.

DL has people who understand the system.

you better be careful who you call an idiot.

WorldTraveler said:

i think you missed the point.
I'm well aware of the competitive fares the lagacy carriers offer.  However, have the legacy carriers made their profits by matching and sometimes even undercutting LCC fares? I would argue that no, they have not, and more importantly, they offer way more than just the cheap fares to sun & fun destinations to make their profits.

No it is not.

But you haven't properly interpreted anything else.

it means you are responsible for yourself, me for me etc

So Frugal writes this:

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

That may be true, but I think the LCCs win these fare battles (in the sense of that LCCs don't lose money offering certain fares, whereas the legacies do lose money).  There are other features that the legacy carriers have & use to make money that the LCCs for the most part lack.

... gets this in return:

WorldTraveler said:

Yet has the grace to reply with this:

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

i think you missed the point.
I'm well aware of the competitive fares the lagacy carriers offer.  However, have the legacy carriers made their profits by matching and sometimes even undercutting LCC fares? I would argue that no, they have not, and more importantly, they offer way more than just the cheap fares to sun & fun destinations to make their profits.

Good on you for trying to foster a strategic business discussion. I wish you well in your endeavor(s)...

WorldTraveler said:
No it is not.

But you haven't properly interpreted anything else.

it means you are responsible for yourself, me for me etc

tough one isn't - at least you spelled properly in this post