Delta trying to compete with LCC's

Anyone trying to equate what Dela is going here to the spin- off LCC's of years ago is either just bored and looking to start yet another meaningless argument or they are truly ignorant.

I just don't understand why they are even trying this. They are wildly profitable using the current pricing system. Why **** with it?

Glenn Quagmire said:
I just don't understand why they are even trying this. They are wildly profitable using the current pricing system. Why #### with it?
because DL doesn't leave room for the competition to grow under DL's feet.

Strange that you two don't understand the principle because DL and NW have been by far the most aggressive in protecting their markets.

It is precisely why DL's local market revenue from EACH of its hubs is larger than what either AA or UA get from their hubs in those same rankings on their networks.

It's also why DL employees pull down the profit sharing they do.... because DL maintains a revenue premium to the industry.

nice to hear that two actual DL employees see the foolishness of the attempts to equate what DL is doing with past efforts.

hey baba,
for the record, do you have ANY idea what a passenger has paid for a ticket when you serve them in the cabin?

Glenn Quagmire said:
I just don't understand why they are even trying this. They are wildly profitable using the current pricing system. Why #### with it?
Good question.

...And what a great jump off point for a "strategic business discussion."

Too bad this was the response:

WorldTraveler said:
Strange that you two don't understand the principle because DL and NW have been by far the most aggressive in protecting their markets.

oh they try.. DL just does a better job.

can you tell us the market share for each of the big 3 airlines in their top 5 markets?

Right DL is perfect - no other airline can do what DL does - we all get it - DL is perfect

How is the list coming along?

who said DL was perfect? I did say they protect their markets better than other carriers.

how's that list of market share in the top 5 markets for AA, DL, and UA?

you say DL is perfect everyday you can never bring yourself to say anything negative about DL and when you attempt to complement another airline you do it via a back handed comment

Should we take poll on do folks believe you say DL is perfect?

no need... because I never said it.

you did.

if 99.9% of the people get it wrong doesn't make it right.

perhaps you can find a post that says it

again, you misread and misstate.

those who try to argue that I say that DL is perfect are the ones that are deluded.

I didn't say it.

DL is aggressive in competing with other airlines.

seriously how do you come up with this stuff - if you don't believe DL is NOT perfect

give us the top 5 things DL is not doing well - you can't bring yourself to do it