Delta's Slash And Burn, Dfw To Close.

jimntx said:
Mikey, I have asked that question 2 or 3 times already with no answer. I think some people are assuming that all Int'l ops--arrivals and departures--will be moving to D. However, I don't think anyone actually knows at this point. For departures, there is no reason they HAVE to depart from D. Outbound activities--such as making sure that every passenger has a passport or proof of citizenship--can be done at any gate as is done today.

And, you mix in the fact that at DFW, flights to Canada and Mexico are considered domestic flights for staffing and scheduling purposes, it gets complicated quickly. Again, I guess we will all have to wait and see.
[post="177593"][/post]​

Per the DFW Airport Board, All INTL arrivals and departures will use "D", including
canada. AA got into a big fight with the DFW board over this same issue a few months
back. AA had every intention to run all Intl flights thru "D", but wanted to run the canada flights thru "A" or "C" if DFW was in a "OSO" operation during bad weather and flights were getting backed up over at "D". The airport board said too bad, alll intl will operate out of "D" bad weather or not.. They both agreed to evaluate it for a year then make any changes after that.

Also, AA will operate all DFW widebodys out of "D", domestic and Intl. This will make it easy on aircraft routing and swaps, maintenance, etc... plus all widebody ground equipment will be in one area. Eagle will also have a big operation out of "D" as well, they already operate some mexico flights, and from what i've heard they will be adding anywhere from 10-20 more mexican destinations from DFW in the next year or so.

FA Mikey said:
Will AA be using the new gates at terminal D for inbound and outbound international flights? Will it be like ORD where we arrive there and depart from our regular concourse's
[post="177557"][/post]​

Hey Mike..from what I have heard here so far..rumor or otherwise..is that the Intl flights will be handled like they do in ORD...we will leave from terminal A as we do now, but we will land at terminal D. I have also heard that AA isn't building a large OPS at terminal D which makes me think that all sign ins will still be done at the terminal A OPS near Gate 21, just as in ORD they mostly use the larger OPS at terminal K. Arrivals at terminal D only, with the larger Customs Halls, and then a trip on the new SkyTrain back to the other terminals or to the employee parking lots. Seems like this information changes every few months and now that Delta is vacating most of terminal E, who knows what will happen now.

Tim