Department Of Education Experiment..

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
....is an abject failure. Another creation brought to fruition by liberal progressives. Yet the more money they get, the worse the quality of education is.

American Students Failing History, Can't Say What Lincoln Did

American students are less proficient in their nation’s history than in any other subject, according to results of a nationwide test released on Tuesday, with most fourth graders unable to say why Abraham Lincoln was an important figure and few high school seniors able to identify China as the North Korean ally that fought American troops during the Korean War.

Over all, 20 percent of fourth graders, 17 percent of eighth graders and 12 percent of high school seniors demonstrated proficiency on the exam, the National Assessment of Educational Progress. Federal officials said they were encouraged by a slight increase in eighth-grade scores since the last history test, in 2006. But even those gains offered little to celebrate because, for example, fewer than a third of eighth graders could answer even a “seemingly easy question” asking them to identify an important advantage American forces had over the British during the Revolution, the government’s statement on the results said.

More embarrassment: http://www.mrctv.org/videos/people-speak-us-civics-quiz

So when certain liberals spew the "Americans are Stupid" meme, they have their own ideology to blame.

Reactions: 4 people
Only in that convoluted brain of yours.

Denial is not a river in Egypt, it flows between Dapoes ears. :blink:

I believe you are wrong Sir.

Revere isn't trying to alert the British, but he is trying to warn them. And in April of 1775, no one was talking about independence. We're still part of the British Empire. We're trying to save it. So this is a warning to the British Empire what will happen if you provoke Americans.

BLOCK:Sarah Palin also was saying there that Paul Revere's message to the British in his warning was: You're not going to take American arms - you know, basically a Second Amendment argument, even though the Second Amendment didn't exist then.

Prof. ALLISON: Yeah. She was making a Second Amendment case. But in fact, the British were going out to Concord to seize colonists' arms, the weapons that the Massachusetts Provincial Congress was stockpiling there.

So, yeah, she is right in that. I mean, she may be pushing it too far to say this is a Second Amendment case. Of course, neither the Second Amendment nor the Constitution was in anyone's mind at the time. But the British objective was to get the arms that were stockpiled in Concord.

BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history.

NPR

Dear God another one. That you can say with a straight face, that Palin was referring to that is laughable. She is a dolt, and what bells was Revere ringing anyway? :lol:

You may want to take note of the source of Deepthroat's comments? It was NPR which is hardly ever confused with Fox News.

Op ed is still op ed regardless of its source.
Didn't read like op-ed to me, seemed like an interview with an expert which would be known as fact finding or serious reportage from a skilled journalist. Stop being a hater, Sarah Palin has "Rights" too!!!

Read the Intro:
Melissa Block speaks with Robert Allison, a professor and historian at Suffolk University, about Palin's comments to see just how historically accurate they were.

She asks solid, fair questions of an Historian or an expert witness as to the veracity of Ms Palin's and while I wouldn't call his responses a ringing endorsement, he does shed some light which is what quality journalism is supposed to do.

I don't think Ms Block was all that tickled with the answers she got and even if she did try to slant them a bit it was pretty good journalism. I'm not sure ones mastery of the historical fine points of Paul Revere's Ride qualifies or disqualifies one from the office of POTUS in the first place

Dear God another one. That you can say with a straight face, that Palin was referring to that is laughable. She is a dolt, and what bells was Revere ringing anyway? :lol:
Are you actually trying to say you know for certain what she was thinking? Mind read much? :lol:

13.jpg

Nothing I have read by historians indicates that Revere warned the British about anything. The only way one could say that is if you. Consider tbe rebel that he was warning British due to the fact that the war of independence had not taken place yet. All indications were that during his capture he did not volunteer any accurate info. Also, she was trying to make a second amendment case where none existed sine the COTUS had not even been writen yet.

Palin missed the mark. Must have been another Got cha. Moment.

Reactions: 5 people