Indoctrination Watch: How your tax dollars are training students to be union organizers

Freedom4all

Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
How are President Obama’s national service grants being used?

To train the next generation of union organizers, of course.

From the “Learn and Serve Clearinghouseâ€￾ of lesson plans and curricular materials funded with taxpayer-subsidized service grants, here’s a course study in collective bargaining taught at the L.A. Unified School.

A Collective Bargaining Simulation

Brief Description:
In a classroom simulation of collective bargaining, students learn about unions, employers, the labor movement, and workplace issues. Students will interact in small labor and management teams to bargain a union contract at a fictional workplace on issues that include wages, medical insurance, childcare, affirmative action, etc. Students are coached by labor relations professionals who volunteer from the fields of labor and management. Following the simulation, students analyze the outcomes of their collective bargaining experiences and determine issues they want to learn more about and take action on. Some examples include: creating a public awareness campaign on the cost of healthcare insurance and legislative action for a single-payer system, identifying union vs. non-union employers in our local economy, creating an oral history project about the causes and impact of a strike in their community, creating a peer education program about workers rights.

Grade Level:
9-12

Subject Area / Discipline:
Social Studies/History

Area of Service:
Civic Education/Civic Responsibility, Oral Histories, Public Safety & Disaster Preparedness/Relief

Los Angeles Unified School District
A Collective Bargaining Simulation
333 S. Beaudry Ave., 24th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017 USA
Phone: 213-241-1000
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: 213-241-8442

From the “Learn and Serve Clearinghouseâ€￾ of lesson plans and curricular materials funded with taxpayer-subsidized service grants, here’s a course study in collective bargaining taught at the L.A. Unified School.

Thanks for the link. This is quite interesting. This program is rooted in the programs started under the National and Community Service Act, which was signed into law during Bush I's presidency. During that time, however, those receiving grants could NOT use the funds "to assist, promote, or deter union organizing."

Thanks for the link. This is quite interesting. This program is rooted in the programs started under the National and Community Service Act, which was signed into law during Bush I's presidency. During that time, however, those receiving grants could NOT use the funds "to assist, promote, or deter union organizing."

Hey hey hey....its all about change.......change that was voted for.

Caveat Emptor??? :lol:

Oh yes, those big bad unions. :rolleyes:

Why do we still have unions anyway?

I'll never work for a company that has a union......waste of $$$ they are definately not looking out for me or my best interests. They are all scumbags

to hell with em :down:

Why do we still have unions anyway?

I'll never work for a company that has a union......waste of $$$ they are definately not looking out for me or my best interests. They are all scumbags

to hell with em :down:

What company do you work for?

what difference does it make?

AA

You work for AA? Then why did you say......

Or why did you call it a profitable one?

:lol: aa could mean alcoholics anonymous...
I don't believe the unfortunate people who are in them are scumbags. its the select few who will drag a company to the ground just to get what they want without having to give up anything or work for it that are the scumbags. The higher power in the unions that approve of this are the bigger scumbags

Or why did you call it a profitable one?

:lol: who i work for isn't the point here. I'll tell you what...I am perfectly happy working without a union. :up:

More creepy indoctrination gone mainstream....Video CNN

And one more thing...CNN is being raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacists!!!
I did not see one white kid in the whole bunch!!! :shock:

:lol: aa could mean alcoholics anonymous...
I don't believe the unfortunate people who are in them are scumbags. its the select few who will drag a company to the ground just to get what they want without having to give up anything or work for it that are the scumbags. The higher power in the unions that approve of this are the bigger scumbags

Unions are not perfect by any means. However to try and blame them for dragging a company to the ground is naive. You can trace the demise of any company to bad decisions made in the HQ of that company. IN our industry there are numerous examples. On the manufacturing side there's Douglas aircraft. You can trace the start of their downfall to them not being the first US manufacturer of a jet transport. Then not investing in their product line and just sprucing up older models.

On the airline side there's Braniff. Braniff tried to expand too quickly after deregulation and it helped kill them. Then there's TWA. A revolving door management that over the years seemed more concerned about buying hotels and restaurants than running an airline. Then there's the famous decision by Carl Ichan to sell off their lucrative London routes to AA.

Yeah, there's no political agenda or indoctrination going on...nah!

What happend to the three R's in school?

When I was in school...they were "readin, ritin' and rithmatic."

In today's world, its indoctrination, re-education and brain washing.