AMR Corporation Reports 2007 Net Profit of $504 Million

Nothing wrong with helping out the FA's when they want it, but some take it way too far. More than once, I had CA's on a deadheading crew who insisted their authority extended to determining which crew members got to sit in F, and which got the middle seats in the back. Sorry, first listed, first upgraded. I also had CA's who insisted their authority gave them the right to upgrade their nonrevving spouse/kid/whatever once the door closed. We'd just get generous with comp Gold upgrades (Platinum didn't exist yet...) and fill the F cabin...

Nothing wrong with helping out the FA's when they want it, but some take it way too far. More than once, I had CA's on a deadheading crew who insisted their authority extended to determining which crew members got to sit in F, and which got the middle seats in the back. Sorry, first listed, first upgraded. I also had CA's who insisted their authority gave them the right to upgrade their nonrevving spouse/kid/whatever once the door closed. We'd just get generous with comp Gold upgrades (Platinum didn't exist yet...) and fill the F cabin...

Did you miss the part where I mentioned the line between doing the right thing and going to far? Don't let the chance to air some dirt escape you.

I agree with the policy regarding the wife/kids/friends free upgrades. That Captain should have had a stern lecture explaining to him that he isn't a FA. ;)

IORFA, give it a rest.

You slammed the pilot group, (again), and I responded with a cheap troll post, one that only someone with the maturity of a 12 year old would take seriously. You took the bait and again responded with one of your typical responses lacking any emotional control or mutual respect. Look up your history on the subject here anytime. Your "1" guy wasn't me. In nearly 2 decades, I only have 1 hour of my free time spent with FA PS's regarding a problem, even then my comments were well behind those of the other FA's.

Well, if you don't like me pointing out the elitist trash your union spews, maybe you should get them to stop. Problem is that I think you also believe it as well. I have yet to hear you say they are wrong and you don't believe the trash they send out on the public hotlines. You might have been trolling for a response, well bully for you. Just trying to deflect the criticsm from you and your fellow pilots? I really like how you mention mutual respect. That makes me laugh. You get exactly as much respect on here as you give. Apparantly, you finally figured out that it isn't very much. You can thank yourself for that.

Well, if you don't like me pointing out the elitist trash your union spews, maybe you should get them to stop. Problem is that I think you also believe it as well.

Elitist trash? Again, give it a rest IORFA.

The APA hotline had one sentence that you define as "elitist". I happen to agree with the statement. The $800 is welcome, but isn't enough to be considered worth much in the big picture. I would hope the company was focused on motivating the greater number of line employees who were no doubt helped with the extra 6 bills after tax. Given our service reputation even below the IRS, I hope it has a postive effect.
The company was also damned if do/damned if don't regarding APA with the money. We would have screwed ourselves into the ceiling if we were left out, but they in turn have wasted $800/pilot if they thought it would change the negotiation picture. It was a paltry sum on a pay percentage for us, sorry if that offends you. I think in 1998 I remember a profit sharing check as FO for around $6-8K. We gave it away of course, but another reason why the hotline writers weren't impressed with the check.

Well, if you don't like me pointing out the elitist trash your union spews, maybe you should get them to stop. Problem is that I think you also believe it as well. I have yet to hear you say they are wrong and you don't believe the trash they send out on the public hotlines. You might have been trolling for a response, well bully for you. Just trying to deflect the criticsm from you and your fellow pilots? I really like how you mention mutual respect. That makes me laugh. You get exactly as much respect on here as you give. Apparantly, you finally figured out that it isn't very much. You can thank yourself for that.

Since we are jumping on pilots butts today, I thought this was pretty funny.

Pilot blames passengers for accident.

Yea, that's the ticket.

Since we are jumping on pilots butts today, I thought this was pretty funny.
[

Real funny Garf,

Run across that big pasture east of SOC and see if the legal staff in that big CP building would do anything less scummy.

Sad part is that what happened is easier done than said.

Real funny Garf,

Run across that big pasture east of SOC and see if the legal staff in that big CP building would do anything less scummy.

Sad part is that what happened is easier done than said.

Never said management is better. Seems that a lot of pilots seem to be under the impression that when they have a bowel movement that it does not stink after ward. We all know management is slimy. Seems they are not alone in that department.

I try and stay away from CP as much as possible. I do not care for their stench any more than I care for the smell of some of your compatriots.

Never said management is better.

No, you actually referred to something regarding a crash as "funny".

The legal move "blaming" the passengers is scummy Garf. If the Comair Co-pilot agrees and is supporting the tactic, He would have zero sympathy from any pilot. More than likely this is more an issue with lawyers and the legal system. While I don't have any inside info, it has been reported that the FO suffered severe brain damage and it's doubtful he would deep into formulating legal strategy.

No, you actually referred to something regarding a crash as "funny".

George Carlin is funny. A pilot and a lawyer blaming passengers for an accident is funny. You are funny. A crash where people get hurt is not funny. If you actually thought that I was referring to the accident as being humorous as opposed tot he legal tactics I do feel sorry for you. I always thought you were a bit smarter than that. Apparently I may have been mistaken. My apologies.

They had several occasions to try it over the past 13 years, but didn't, so my guess is "no."

They had several occasions to try it over the past 13 years, but didn't, so my guess is "no."

eolesen,

If doing something as scummy as what Garf pointed out, no, I don't believe so. They have taken other legal arguments that were a stretch and could be considered distastful in the last 13 years. What we consider to be "fair" or "honorable" doesn't seem to be a consideration in the legal world much of the time. It's their sandbox I guess.