Desperate for cash, AA offers double elite qualifying miles again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing. I just bought a couple tickets for work trips this week... Glad to see that they didn't throw the same "purchased after" requirement that was in the spring promo.

The elite rewards thing is a little lame, though. Too bad they're not following DL's lead and allowing miles in excess of the tier level you're at to rollover towards the following year's elite qualification...

It's gonna be a long winter...

The elite rewards thing is a little lame, though. Too bad they're not following DL's lead and allowing miles in excess of the tier level you're at to rollover towards the following year's elite qualification...

Despite no rollover, it is twice as generous as the April, 2008 promo, however. This time, EXPs get to choose TWO of the four items, and you may choose two of the same item if you wish (except, of course, for the Admirals Club membership/renewal). So if you fly 125k, you could get FOUR more SWUs - almost too generous, IMO. The first 100k gets eight SWUs and the next 25k gets you four more.

I already have more than 250k qualifying miles - so a phone call for some extra SWUs will be in order this year (beyond the 12 for the first 125k).

I'm wondering at what point AA becomes like the rest of oneworld and starts granting Admirals Club membership as part of Emerald...

250K? That's way too much time on aircraft... or were you were able to take serious advantage of double and triple programs from earlier this year?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back