DFW adds a 3rd daily LHR

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
American Airlines Inc. plans to launch a third daily flight between Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and London Heathrow Airport on May 1, giving travelers an evening departure from North Texas and a mid-day arrival in London.

That same day, American will also launch nonstop service between D/FW Airport and Madrid, giving the Fort Worth-based carrier four European destinations from D/FW – Madrid, London, Paris and Frankfurt.
Also Online

American spokesman Tim Smith said the third D/FW-London flight will operate through the summer season, ending Oct. 23.

story here

And fewer seat-miles due to shorter distances, but DFW-MAD will take up the slack.

That's the huge news here. Finally, DFW-MAD returns. My prediction is that AA begins flying to/from MAD from ORD and perhaps even LAX if the AA/BA/IB ATI is approved. Maybe even JFK. Perhaps BOS? Lotsa connections available at MAD, a huge, not-so-crowded, easy to transit hub airport.

And the current schedule still shows 18 daily flights to London (the 11 mentioned in the article plus seven others from JFK/MIA).

That's the huge news here. Finally, DFW-MAD returns. My prediction is that AA begins flying to/from MAD from ORD and perhaps even LAX if the AA/BA/IB ATI is approved. Maybe even JFK. Perhaps BOS? Lotsa connections available at MAD, a huge, not-so-crowded, easy to transit hub airport.

Have to agree with you, MAD is a nice facility. With IB in 1-world, I never quite fully understood why AA doesn't have more flights to MAD? ORD-MAD on AA in additon to MIA-MAD and the upcoming DFW-MAD would be nice.
I think IB has BOS-MAD covered as well as IAD-MAD.