AA to Codeshare with ELAL

chucky

Senior
Sep 13, 2006
American Airlines Announces Codesharing With EL AL Israel Airlines
Tuesday December 4, 4:00 pm ET

FORT WORTH, Texas, Dec. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines, a founding member of the global oneworld® Alliance, today announced it will apply to the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) for authorization to begin codeshare cooperation with EL AL Israel Airlines. The application proposes that codesharing operations begin on Feb. 1, 2008.

Under the proposal, American would place its AA designator code on EL AL flights to Tel Aviv from New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK), Los Angeles, Miami and Newark, as well as on EL AL fights to Tel Aviv from European gateways in London Heathrow, Paris, Madrid, Zurich and Rome.

In turn, EL AL would place its LY designator code on certain of American Airlines domestic flights out of El Al's North American gateways -- JFK, Miami, Los Angeles, Newark and Toronto. El Al would also codeshare on American's flights between the United States and London Heathrow, Paris, Madrid, Zurich and Rome.

"EL AL is a high quality, world-class airline that will provide our passengers and shippers with additional choices and convenient service to Tel Aviv," said Henry Joyner, American's Senior Vice President -- Planning. "We also look forward to serving EL AL's passengers on our American flights in many of our North American markets. We're especially pleased to be codesharing with EL AL into, and out of, our new $1.3 billion state-of-the-art JFK terminal."

Press Release

If they're coming to Terminal 8, as written in the Press release, we need many more hands to clean this baby, especially ELAL 747.

We're can't even handle JetAirways and that plane comes in basically clean.

It's going to be a great 2008. :lol:

El Al won't put up with the understaff/full price thing if they are in fact coming to 8.IIRC they spent a boatload of money upgrading their First Class lounge at Terminal 4 so I don't see them walking away from that kind of expenditure.

This looks like a job for 'Customer Experience Leadership'...

I was flipping through a stack of customer complaint letters the trainer had on his desk the other day, apparently our First Class passengers do value a clean lavatory that doesn't have urine on the floor and overflowing trash compartments more than an on time departure.:lol:

Someone memo the consultants, quick! We need more alphabet soup focus groups to study this new development ,and actually do nothing to remedy the problem. :shock:

I used to fly JFK - TLV for TWA.

I am not joking - you will not believe :shock: your eyes the first time you see the condition of the cabin on an inbound 747 from The Promised Land.

Take a camera.

I am not joking - you will not believe :shock: your eyes the first time you see the condition of the cabin on an inbound 747 from The Promised Land.

Take a camera.
Those were mainly Icahn's Karabu customers. The high yield business travelers, including the high tech folks and the venture capitalists, as well as the Israeli upper class flew mostly El Al and the European carriers. TWA was left with the bottom of the barrel hoi polloi.

Take a camera.

I used to deliver last minute items to all flights at TWA, food and the like. On too many occasions, I would see that the aircraft was being "trashed ," before the Jetway was even pulled. Children running, wild and writing on the seat-backs with crayons and markers. AA had an extra section about a year ago with a large number of TLV transfers at CDG into JFK. We spent most of our allotted time at JFK just getting to see the floor from all the garbage left. Another team had to be bought in just to do the seats, and pockets.

If ELAL does arrive at terminal with transfers to our aircraft, our FA's will notice the difference almost immediately.

Watch out for the baby machines, they'll hand you a steaming pamper, just as your serving meals to the other passengers. :lol: