DGS To Win New Contracts

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
New York based ABM Industries Inc. Has a problem holding onto contracts. Since Sept of 2017 ABM has laid off or lost 3,033 employees in just 1 1/2 years. There has to be a common reason behind why ABM is losing all these contracts.
Congrats to the Delta employees picking some up. Well, I assume Delta employees. DGS Delta Global Services are taking over the contracts for Delta. Kev., are these actual Delta employees or contractors?

1,121 cabin cleaning, janitorial workers getting laid off at Atlanta airport

I was thinking that as I was writing it. Now that I think about it more isn't some maint also handled by DGS???

Wow. Did not know that either Dog Wonder, interesting...

They sold a controlling interest to Argenbright late last year. When they went to alter pass travel benefits for DGS employees, it caused quite a sh*t storm, and they had to walk it back a little bit.

Aircraft cleaning is one area that should not have been outsourced by any airline. When it was in-house, the cleaners had a vested interested in how the plane looked and smelled. Now, they just have an interest in getting the a/c as clean as possible in the arbitrary time allotted to each airplane by some supervisor who doesn't have a clue. Not judgin. Just sayin.