Did Lombardo ok this?

More evidence of the genius of new AA management, including the drunk at the top. This is going to do wonders for the airline's finances.

Reactions: 1 person
The "games" are in full effect!

Local 591 Presidents Response to Paul Wroble Letter

Updated On: Jan 23, 2015

[SIZE=11pt]January 21, 2015[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]To the Membership of Local 591,  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I wanted to write you in response to the letter sent to me on January 1, 2015, by AA Line Maintenance VP Paul Wroble, posted on the Local 591 website.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Over the last year, the leadership of Local 591 has continually attempted to meet with senior management to resolve items that have resulted in a record number of docketed member and 29(d)1 grievances.  Unfortunately Mr. Wroble, not your Local 591 leadership, has both refused and eliminated his and his Managing Directors interactions with the Local 591.  While Mr. Wroble, intentionally or unintentionally chose to only cite a small section of my email in his letter, below you will find my full email to him.  I could add a dozen or so more that have the same tone and request to meet and discuss issues of importance; however, doing so would only lengthen this letter because none has resulted in management’s willingness to sit down and discuss solutions.  The only solution the Line Maintenance leadership team has offered throughout the last year has been “unilateral” decisions, which Mr. Wroble makes reference to in his dismissal of what was a jointly negotiated agreement. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Paul,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Unfortunately I have found that the weekly call is not producing the meaningful dialogue or results that improve processes jointly, like Ken worked to achieve.  Several months have past and the vast majority of items I had asked about either remain open pending answers from other members of management or are closed by the unilateral decision making authority of management.  That said, unless something changes to create a more collaborative relationship, I am going to hold off in participating on the call.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]As I mentioned two weeks ago on the calI, I have put out several "olive branches" attempting to solidify a complimentary relationship; only to find it falling on deaf ears. As I tried to explain to yourself and the senior leadership team, AA has 10-12 employees from DFW who have been commuting cross-country, some who are now considering resigning with right to recall; due to the stress and anxiety it is causing them and their families.  Unfortunately, the opportunity for these employees to return to their home station has been deemed as "not going to have any effect on the operation", while 11000 man hours of overtime for general AMT's is voluntarily offered on average per month at DFW.  Your lack of compassion for these employees and their families clearly shows me insight into your current thought process, which seems to be somewhat differing than mine when it comes to collaboration between Local 591 and management.  This decision with zero empathy, and several others lately lacking any discussion or advance notice to Local 591 by the record number of 29(d)1 grievances filed, by the position of your perceived rights under a "management" clause disheartens my hope things are going to be better any time soon or in the foreseeable future for the Local 591 membership.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Respectfully,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Gary Peterson [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]President, Local 591[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]To say collaborative communications or meetings with the new Maintenance Leadership Team have been lacking is an understatement; nonexistent shortly after Mr. Wroble’s arrival is more accurate.  However, this is not because Local 591 was unwilling or unable to meet with Mr. Wroble or his team, rather Local 591 has made several requests of management to meet and discuss issues in hopes of reaching amicable solutions.  Unfortunately, Local 591 believes the reason the meetings no longer happen is because your Local 591 leaders were simply unwilling to accept management’s “unilateral” demands, which obviously fall short in our duty to represent the membership.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Fraternally,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Gary Peterson[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]President[/SIZE]

Terry Maxon failed to mention this in his article.

Andrea Ahles and the Star Telegram included it with the article.

"American’s mechanics are currently represented by the Transport Workers Union. However, with the carrier’s merger with US Airways, federal regulators have not yet determined which union will represent the mechanics at both airlines.
The TWU and the International Association of Machinists, who represent US Airways mechanics, jointly filed for single-carrier status with the National Mediation Board in late July. At the time, Peterson argued that an alliance would keep the mechanics in two different work groups and instead a representation election should be held which could allow other unions, including the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association, to be on the ballot. AMFA has previously tried to oust the TWU as the union representative for mechanics at American."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article8010615.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: 2 people
Ask the afw mechanics about why they couldn't go to Dfw and dwh . Peterson prevented becaus he had issues with Larry pike and that's why some Dallas mechanics are commuting

Reactions: 2 people
Ask the afw mechanics about why they couldn't go to Dfw and dwh . Peterson prevented becaus he had issues with Larry pike and that's why some Dallas mechanics are commuting
Um DWH is about 95% former AFW folks...

It's no secret, that ever since the maintenance management team from US Air - with their first round draft picks (sic) Paul Wroble & Ed Sangrecco arrived at DFW - the relationship between management and AMTs has deteriorated.  I didn't think it could sink any lower, but it has.  Management's latest move to enhance AMTs ability to get the job done in a timely manner, is to forbid driving vehicles in the hangar.  Sure genius.  Just about every day a new restriction is added as another burden to get anything done.  The rubber chocks, is another example of a management half tard making decisions on the right equipment to use.  I have never seen so many delays due to chocks getting stuck under tires.  People getting injured attempting to remove stuck chocks - it's nuts.

If you read the lawsuit, the 4 things they want doesn't seem to address the work related complaints, it is more about the treatment of the Reps and the picking of a union.

Did I miss something?

Reactions: 4 people
Is there a "readers digest" explanation on why some Mechanics weren't allowed to bid DFW as others were?

Here at UAL, bumping is strictly a seniority issue, and I assumed the process at AA would be similar. 

The lawsuit was filed by "strong, intelligent and skilled men who are afraid to come to work," said Lee Seham, who filed the lawsuit on behalf of the union.

"They felt they had to make a choice between keeping their jobs and performing illegal maintenance," said Seham, an attorney with Seham, Seham, Meltz & Peterson LLP in New York. "Safety ought to be an issue of mutual interest. We all should want a safe airline."

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2015/01/23/mechanics-union-files-suit-against-american-saying.html?ana=yahoo

I doubt very much that the TWU international has anything to do with this since Local 591 is Using AMFA's lead council.

Reactions: 3 people
So are you saying no TWU money is being used in this lawsuit?