AA Sues SkySteward.com

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/04/american-airlines-sues-flight.html

American Airlines, which fired flight attendant Gailen David in March, filed a state lawsuit Tuesday that accuses him and various John Does of improperly accessing and publishing confidential information about the travel plans of American Airlines executives.

In addition, the carrier said David's websites improperly use American's various trademarks, service marks and trade names.

David called the lawsuit "very predictable."

"American Airlines is having a hard time dealing with the fact that they were unable to intimidate me with the threat of termination and this is just their next step. It will draw closer attention to what's happening in the upper tiers of American's management," David said.

David is in a serious case of denial. Outside counsel Dee Kelly is representing AMR.

AA is also going after the other employees who were feeding information to David before and after he was fired.

Full text of the lawsuit: http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/AA%20vs.%20Gailen%20David%2C%20April%2010%2C%202012.pdf

Even if it fails, this guys is going to be looking at >$50K in legal fees by the time it's over. The ad revenue from his videos won't come close to covering that...

I figured a lawsuit would be coming down the pike. Last week he posted some more material at Flyertalk, including a new "program" by which flight attendants would supposedly comp drinks in economy if they told the FA that they had been delayed or inconvenienced by AA.

This is just great. This company and it's employees are in a fight for their lives and the a@rse clowns running the joint are spending valuable resources pursuing some internet gadfly that 95% of the employees and 100% of anyone else could give a crap about.

Nobody outside a limited few at AA would care less about an ex employees wife traveling on AA. (Reding's wife). However, maybe they should. Maybe AA should address the fact that these worthless leaders that had a integral part in driving AA into the dirt, are still displacing premium revenue, revenue sorely needed at the moment.

I guess the threat of losing positive space travel is something that demands a full force response.

Reactions: 2 people
IMHO,
The 'aluminum lady' best invest in steel knickers as AA is about bend her/him over.
There are boundaries wherein individuals can express their creative license until causing harm (defamation).

B) xUT

Reactions: 4 people
This is just great. This company and it's employees are in a fight for their lives and the a@rse clowns running the joint are spending valuable resources pursuing some internet gadfly that 95% of the employees and 100% of anyone else could give a crap about.

Nobody outside a limited few at AA would care less about an ex employees wife traveling on AA. (Reding's wife). However, maybe they should. Maybe AA should address the fact that these worthless leaders that had a integral part in driving AA into the dirt, are still displacing premium revenue, revenue sorely needed at the moment.

I guess the threat of losing positive space travel is something that demands a full force response.

Mach85er,
I have been reading your posts for as long as you have been posting, and I must say,..."THIS" post is your most PROFOUND. YOU (sir/ms.) are EXACTLY right, to the point that you may Not realize how right you are !

Sure Sky Steward is a bit looney, B U T his stuff, all of it, needs to be out in the open.
I repeat..........." NEEDS TO BE OUT IN THE OPEN FOR ALL (EQUALLY) TO SEE"

So lets ............SPREAD THE WORD,.........Lets Help him GET IT OUT.

EVERYONE who reads this post,.............PASS IT ON,....GET PEOPLE (customers/employees/retirees INVOLVED !!!!

Thanx for you contribution Mach85er.
Bless you !!

Reactions: 1 person
I think AA needs to worry about their BK instead of suing a FA .. I mean come on . How much money do you expect to get out of him?? Very idiotic of AA management if you ask me . Firing him was enough .

I think AA needs to worry about their BK instead of suing a FA .. I mean come on . How much money do you expect to get out of him?? Very idiotic of AA management if you ask me . Firing him was enough .

Disagree, actually.

The stuff about trademark infringement seems a bit silly, but the releasing of private information is a pretty serious thing these days.

There has to be a zero tolerance policy for dealing with security breaches of customer information.

The fact that David continued doing so after being fired says he didn't quite get the message that those actions had serious consequences.

The sad part in all this is that his arrogance may wind up bringing down a few of his "moles" along with him.

He's already admitted that people were phoning him with information, so I'd expect subpoenas for his phone and email records are likely to be part of a motion for discovery.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he somehow winds up on the "we really don't want your money anymore" list... Yes, those really do exist.

This really is going to be a case of David vs. Goliath...

Choosing Dee Kelly's firm isn't a random choice. Dee served on the Board of Directors at both AMR & Sabre, stepping down in 2000. It might be viewed as a conflict of interest for him to be working as counsel on the bankruptcy.

KHH are probably *the* nameplate legal firm in Fort Worth. In addition to AA, they've represented the Dallas Cowboys, Pier 1, BNSF, the Bass Family, and Chesapeake Energy, just to name a few.

If nothing else, they've got the resources to play this one out until David is broke. Hopefully, APFA doesn't have an obligation to defend him. It's not inconceivable that it could bankrupt the union...

Disagree, actually.

The stuff about trademark infringement seems a bit silly, but the releasing of private information is a pretty serious thing these days.

There has to be a zero tolerance policy for dealing with security breaches of customer information.

The fact that David continued doing so after being fired says he didn't quite get the message that those actions had serious consequences.

The sad part in all this is that his arrogance may wind up bringing down a few of his "moles" along with him.

He's already admitted that people were phoning him with information, so I'd expect subpoenas for his phone and email records are likely to be part of a motion for discovery.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he somehow winds up on the "we really don't want your money anymore" list... Yes, those really do exist.

This really is going to be a case of David vs. Goliath...

Choosing Dee Kelly's firm isn't a random choice. Dee served on the Board of Directors at both AMR & Sabre, stepping down in 2000. It might be viewed as a conflict of interest for him to be working as counsel on the bankruptcy.

KHH are probably *the* nameplate legal firm in Fort Worth. In addition to AA, they've represented the Dallas Cowboys, Pier 1, BNSF, the Bass Family, and Chesapeake Energy, just to name a few.

If nothing else, they've got the resources to play this one out until David is broke. Hopefully, APFA doesn't have an obligation to defend him. It's not inconceivable that it could bankrupt the union...
Well, good luck to both parties but I see it as a waist of time in AA's part .

AA isn't doing this primarily to get a money judgment out of Mr David, although lawyers' fees may end up bankrupting him. The real goal is to get an injunction prohibiting Mr David from his infringing activities and to make an example out of him and his "moles" so nobody else does it in the future. Firing him was enough? I disagree. I don't think AA would have done this if he had ceased his wrongful conduct when he was terminated. What probably pushed AA to fire back like this was his continued conduct and trademark infringement even after he was fired.

Someone start printing out Aluminum Lady tees and I'll purchase one. Procedes minus cost would help in his/her defense.
Go to http://shop.savvystews.com/ You can purchase silver wrist bands to support his cause. I think it's great he is exposing AA management for the crooks they are. How would you feel I you were an EP and were downgraded so a company employee can go on vacation??? Just bad business practice...

After all the sense of entitlement some of you've claimed EP's have over the upgrades, I find it curiously humorous that there's suddenly all this empathy for the "I paid almost nothing, where's my free upgrade?" crowd....

Did you guys know James C. Little of the TWU was appointed and not elected?

Did you know we are working under a 2003 concession agreement that James C Little signed "without further ratification" of the membership?

Did you know he saved us from ourselves then and will likely have to again now?

Latest posts