AA Sues SkySteward.com

It happens all the time

Statistically, probably not true. I've already posted the math. Just a guess, but I'd be surprised if it happened more than once a month.

AA probably denies 100x more revenue by clearing EXP upgrades at 100 hours prior to departure.

Incorrect. There is always a surcharge for first class and business class travel regardless of seniority.

Take a look at the NRSA charges on Jetnet Non Rev Travel Planner.

Just for an example, the charges for a trip between LGA and DFW would be:

Employee with under 5 years seniority: F - 18.44 ($26.12 with taxes) Y - 6.82 ($13.63)
Employee with 5 Years seniority: F - 18.44 ($26.12) Y - 0.00
Employee with 25 years seniority: F - 11.62 ($18.79) Y - 0.00​

The difference at 25 years is free international coach travel and reduced premium class travel surcharges for domestic and international travel.

P.S. There are less than 800 active former TWA flight attendants, less than 5% of the active ranks.

Thanks for the clarification. Darn, I guess I have less to look forward to in 4 years!

Disagree, actually.

The stuff about trademark infringement seems a bit silly, but the releasing of private information is a pretty serious thing these days.

There has to be a zero tolerance policy for dealing with security breaches of customer information.

The fact that David continued doing so after being fired says he didn't quite get the message that those actions had serious consequences.

The sad part in all this is that his arrogance may wind up bringing down a few of his "moles" along with him.

He's already admitted that people were phoning him with information, so I'd expect subpoenas for his phone and email records are likely to be part of a motion for discovery.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he somehow winds up on the "we really don't want your money anymore" list... Yes, those really do exist.

This really is going to be a case of David vs. Goliath...

Choosing Dee Kelly's firm isn't a random choice. Dee served on the Board of Directors at both AMR & Sabre, stepping down in 2000. It might be viewed as a conflict of interest for him to be working as counsel on the bankruptcy.

KHH are probably *the* nameplate legal firm in Fort Worth. In addition to AA, they've represented the Dallas Cowboys, Pier 1, BNSF, the Bass Family, and Chesapeake Energy, just to name a few.

If nothing else, they've got the resources to play this one out until David is broke. Hopefully, APFA doesn't have an obligation to defend him. It's not inconceivable that it could bankrupt the union...

I used to work on Dee Kelley's Jaguar many years ago,Eric is right.I think he was pulling in excess of 90 million a year in 1984 or so. Pretty much could starve anyone out,including whole companies.

Latest posts