DL Holds Key

I worked at a bunch of small airlines before DL. I came to DL well after the PanAm mechanics were brought on. In ATL and BOS I have worked with some of them. Some were worthless. Some were very good. Guess what? I have the same opnion about DL guys from before the merger and those hired after the merger. I feel the same about the guys I worked with before I came to DL. I truly feel this field has a percentage of idiots and lazy worthless motherf******. They are not at any one airline, but are evenly dispursed. Sure, many good mechanics have been ruined by bad managment. Most scream and #### how they hate it but they do their jobs well. Those guys worry me. They only see negative. It is a very unhealthy way to live. I suspect if they moved on to another industry they would find they are 'mistreated' just like in the airline biz or even worse.

I'm not saying everything in my world is OK by me. Should I get payed more? Yes, I have a lot of people's lives in my hand. Should I get paid for Autopilot cert? Yes. Should I get paid for Taxi Qual? Yes. Should my third shift dif be $0.50? Hell no. I should get a percent raise for flipping my life over. My Mom was a nurse and got 10% for working nights and weekends. My wife hates my job. I wonder how much longer I can keep her happy with my third shift Wed-Fri off days.

Back