DL to refurb cabins on narrowbody fleet

WorldTraveler said:
AdAstra,
Glad to know that you have a “DL connection” via your partner… why don’t you invite him/her to join forums as well?

I would, but he is a total Debbie Delta… very anti union… which just tickles me when, every summer, scheduling flies him ragged to cover the operation and he has no recourse and it takes every fiber of me to not say "Well… you know….." lol… but I don't like sleeping on the couch so I keep my mouth shut :lol:

WorldTraveler said:
I am aware of the IFE that AA is putting on its new order aircraft. What about existing types in both the AA and US fleets? AA and US are one airline now.

That is a very good question, I hope Parker fixes up those old busses, they look dingy. Not quite as old as the Delta 320s, but still...

AdAstraPerAspera said:
I would, but he is a total Debbie Delta… very anti union… which just tickles me when, every summer, scheduling flies him ragged to cover the operation and he has no recourse and it takes every fiber of me to not say "Well… you know….." lol… but I don't like sleeping on the couch so I keep my mouth shut :lol:

That is a very good question, I hope Parker fixes up those old busses, they look dingy. Not quite as old as the Delta 320s, but still...
Remember those were the new/modern domestic aircraft of the former NWA and were in even worse condition before DL refreshed them in 2009-2010! Light years ahead of the DC9s and NWA 757s but in pretty dumpy condition.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Once again you are an airplane expert huh?
Willing to bet in my five years as Platinum and Gold Medallion on DL I'm more familiar with the condition of their aircraft than you.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
So how many years now have you been an aircraft inspector?

Where did you get your license and put your time in to know what a condition a plane is in?

700UW said:
So how many years now have you been an aircraft inspector?

Where did you get your license and put your time in to know what a condition a plane is in?
I judge the condition myself don't need a license or other credential to tell between a modern well maintained AC that a world class carrier like ANA, JAL, SWISS, or Singapore would operate compared to a trashy old aircraft like the US 734s or older DL A320 that's how.

Josh

You have no clue on the airworthiness of an airplane, you have no training, no education, no skills and no license, so tell the whole board that you can tell how a plane is maintained and it's airworthiness is.

PS you cant.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
You have no clue on the airworthiness of an airplane, you have no training, no education, no skills and no license, so tell the whole board that you can tell how a plane is maintained and it's airworthiness is.

PS you cant.
Indicate where I made a single comment about the airworthiness. I didn't. I'm referring to the condition of the cabin, which as a passenger is the only visibility I have to the condition of the plane. Do you always need to be confrontational like this? I mean you know my background ahd skillset isn't mechanical/technical (nor is yours I might add), the NW AC by and large were older and more worn in the passenger cabin compared to the DL aircraft, ok?

Josh

737823 said:
I judge the condition myself don't need a license or other credential to tell between a modern well maintained AC that a world class carrier like ANA, JAL, SWISS, or Singapore would operate compared to a trashy old aircraft like the US 734s or older DL A320 that's how.

Josh

737823 said:
Indicate where I made a single comment about the airworthiness. I didn't. I'm referring to the condition of the cabin, which as a passenger is the only visibility I have to the condition of the plane. Do you always need to be confrontational like this? I mean you know my background ahd skillset isn't mechanical/technical (nor is yours I might add), the NW AC by and large were older and more worn in the passenger cabin compared to the DL aircraft, ok?

Josh

700UW, there's nothing wrong with making a judgment about the interior of an aircraft from a passenger's perspective-- after all they are the ones who buy the ticket and sit in the seat

well we certainly wouldn't want to litter this site with a pro-company person now would we? :) -) :)

yeah, we want to keep you off the couch.

AA may have lots of shiny new planes on order but there are planes that will have to be refurbed or there will be significant service differences between new AA's fleet. It's costly and it takes time.

But if has to happen if you want to convey a consistent product image.

the question is why any US airline would carry around galleys that are not being used since no US airline offers free food service on flights within the 48 states.

DL's seat config on the 739ERs is comparable to AS'

from the article

Foolish wrap
Delta's far-reaching aircraft upgrade program will add several modern passenger conveniences to some of its older aircraft. However, investors should be particularly excited about Delta's plans to add rows to most of these planes through the use of slim-line seats and space-saving lavatories and galleys.

By fitting more seats on each plane, Delta can reduce its unit costs without adding billions of dollars to its already hefty capital-expenditures tab. Savvy moves like this have propelled Delta to the top of the airline industry in the last few years, and so far, there's no sign that Delta will give up this leadership position anytime soon.

3 more solid businesses to build your wealth
It's no secret that investors tend to be impatient with the market, but the best investment strategy is to buy shares in solid businesses like Delta Air Lines and keep them for the long term

Latest posts