do i need to call res?

legacy-to-LCC

Veteran
Feb 20, 2004
so, i booked a ticket for a friend this am on usairways.com, and i spelled her name wrong. the ticket processed; i have a confirmation. and, the fare was AMAZING!! almost $100 below southwest...
unfortunately, insufficient caffeine intake somehow contributed to me putting an extra 's' at the end of her name.
the one problem is, she is a canadian (and will be using a canadian passport) and she is originating in BUF--quick border crossing from hamilton, ON.
she is going to FREAK when she sees the dash 8 pull up...so, i just want to avoid ticketing problems, too...
any help would be greatly appreciated (beyond the 47 minute wait i was told to expect...)
ps-and for sentimental value: it is a "high school sweetheart" who i've reconnected with after almost 17 years thanks to myspace.com...help!!

so, i booked a ticket for a friend this am on usairways.com, and i spelled her name wrong. the ticket processed; i have a confirmation. and, the fare was AMAZING!! almost $100 below southwest...
unfortunately, insufficient caffeine intake somehow contributed to me putting an extra 's' at the end of her name.
the one problem is, she is a canadian (and will be using a canadian passport) and she is originating in BUF--quick border crossing from hamilton, ON.
she is going to FREAK when she sees the dash 8 pull up...so, i just want to avoid ticketing problems, too...
any help would be greatly appreciated (beyond the 47 minute wait i was told to expect...)
ps-and for sentimental value: it is a "high school sweetheart" who i've reconnected with after almost 17 years thanks to myspace.com...help!!

An extra "s" is a minor error in the spelling of the name. it shouldn't be a problem, I hope. Congrats with your recent re-connect and I hope that your reunion will be good! :p

It should not be a problem...well, at least with the Easties it shouldn't be a problem...I had a similar issue once with international travel and when the spelling is a minor issue, it's not usually a concern, and that was even after 9/11. (However, it was real international travel--FCO--not the fake HP international travel--Mexico and Canada)

HOWEVER, lord only knows what those Westies will do...guess it will depend on what the "book" says....