Do You Forsee More Wage Concessions To Offset Fuel

That answers all of our questions. Typical management; running and hiding when the going gets tough. You must be a Carty fan! You must be pals with Jane Allen! You must have had John WAArd kissing your a$$! Did you offer John WAArd a management job with AA?

Do you ever think rationally?

My first responsibility is to my family and their economic security. If AA decides they need to cut my salary (I'm assuming that salary cuts would come with layoffs and a increased bankruptcy threat), it just wouldn't make sense more me to stay when I can go elsewhere and make more with better job security.

I'd also guess that if another airline offered you a 30% increase in pay to do the same job you'd leave too!

Oneflyer said:
I'd also guess that if another airline offered you a 30% increase in pay to do the same job you'd leave too!
[post="174807"][/post]​

Are you nuts? I'm retiring after my 777 payout! I wouldn't start over at another carrier even if I wasn't going to retire. To go through 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training, being junior again and on reserve, no thanks!

I wouldn't start over at another carrier even if I wasn't going to retire. To go through 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training, being junior again and on reserve, no thanks!

You just summed up the problem with the seniority system right there. The seniority system is a trade-off - you give up mobility in exchange for stability. And, as a result, you are pretty much married to whatever carrier you start with.

LiveInAHotel said:
.... I'm retiring after my 777 payout!
[post="174840"][/post]​

As an AA pax, that's the best news I've read on this board in a long time!!

To go through 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training, being junior again and on reserve, no thanks!

I didn't ask that. I said if someone offered you a 30% raise, would you leave? You seem to think that I'm not being loyal to AA if I thought I would leave if it looked like there were going to be a pay cut. My question to you is, if you could do the same job, for more money, say better benefits and work rules, would you leave AA?

Oneflyer said:
I didn't ask that. I said if someone offered you a 30% raise, would you leave? You seem to think that I'm not being loyal to AA if I thought I would leave if it looked like there were going to be a pay cut. My question to you is, if you could do the same job, for more money, say better benefits and work rules, would you leave AA?
[post="174919"][/post]​

Please refer to my post above. I believe that sums up the answer you're looking for.

upsilon said:
As an AA pax, that's the best news I've read on this board in a long time!!
[post="174898"][/post]​

It's people like you who make our jobs in the sky that much harder. Besides you have no idea how I'm in the air. Just because I don't like the way AMR treats the employees, doesn't mean I treat my pax the same!

I'm tough when it comes to the fair treatment of employees! I stand behind my contract (no matter how crappy it might me at this point in time)!

Please refer to my post above. I believe that sums up the answer you're looking for.

I'll ask it again, because clearly you don't understand my point. Is it wrong for someone to leave a company that is having pay cuts, layoffs, benefit reductions, etc... for another job with equal or better pay & benefits?

Should someone put the company they work for in front of their family and personal well being and security?

LiveInAHotel said:
It's people like you who make our jobs in the sky that much harder. Besides you have no idea how I'm in the air. Just because I don't like the way AMR treats the employees, doesn't mean I treat my pax the same!

I'm tough when it comes to the fair treatment of employees! I stand behind my contract (no matter how crappy it might me at this point in time)!
[post="174935"][/post]​

Having read your prior posts over the years, I anticipated your response – almost the exact words.

You don’t know me as a pax anymore than I have personal knowledge of you as a FA.

In many decades of flying AA as my primary carrier (with Lifetime PLT status), I fly up front and have had only one experience with an FA about which I openly complained to the Senior/Purser. I make no FA’s job harder, except being one more pax whose safety they must look after. And the fare I pay contributes to you even having a job.

I judge you only by the intemperate vitriolic words you use on this board in discussing any and every subject - including your employer as a company, its management, the ops people with whom you must deal, your union, its leaders, the contract they negotiated, and even your fellow workers who do not share your opinions. Why would I not question your being consistent with pax?

In any case, you say you are planning to leave. If true that will mean one more opportunity for other FA posters here to go back to work. And I prefer to fly with a cabin crew that is happy to be working.

Oneflyer said:
I'll ask it again, because clearly you don't understand my point. Is it wrong for someone to leave a company that is having pay cuts, layoffs, benefit reductions, etc... for another job with equal or better pay & benefits?

Should someone put the company they work for in front of their family and personal well being and security?
[post="174948"][/post]​

Are really that dumb? My guess would be yes since you're AMR management. No, I would not switch to another carrier for a 30% increase in pay. Why you would ask?

1. I would have to go through 6 1/2 weeks again of unpaid training. (did you get that? NO MONEY!)

2. Back on reserve (everyone who is a flight attendant or pilot knows this s*cks)

3. Better or equal pay and benefits (since I'm topped out on the pay scale at AA with 26 years, 30% would still be less than what I make now. I would be at the bottom of the pay scale as a new hire. Equal pay...once again why trade equal pay for being junior and on reserve?)

4. It's easier for a management person as yourself to march right into a 30% pay increase at another carrier. Your schedule isn't based on seniority like ours.

If you still don't get my answer, then you have issues. I noticed someone else read my answer to your post and the got it. The reason is they're probably union and in a seniority position.

Oneflyer said:

[post="174948"][/post]​
thank you Upsilon well put.

LiveInAHotel said:
Are really that dumb? My guess would be yes since you're AMR management. No, I would not switch to another carrier for a 30% increase in pay. Why you would ask?

1. I would have to go through 6 1/2 weeks again of unpaid training. (did you get that? NO MONEY!)

2. Back on reserve (everyone who is a flight attendant or pilot knows this s*cks)
3. Better or equal pay and benefits (since I'm topped out on the pay scale at AA with 26 years, 30% would still be less than what I make now. I would be at the bottom of the pay scale as a new hire. Equal pay...once again why trade equal pay for being junior and on reserve?)

4. It's easier for a management person as yourself to march right into a 30% pay increase at another carrier. Your schedule isn't based on seniority like ours.

If you still don't get my answer, then you have issues. I noticed someone else read my answer to your post and the got it. The reason is they're probably union and in a seniority position.
[post="175050"][/post]​

Hotel,

If you will read oneflyer's post I do not believe he stated that your choice would be confined to another airline. Oneflyer merely asked if you were offered 30% more pay in another job, would you go.

I know, I know… it’s all those pesky little details that get in the way huh. I think you owe him an apology (don’t hold your breath Oneflyer).

So, who wants to put odds down on the type of response that I get from Hotel? I have 10:1 that it involves personal insults and a possible inquiry on my search for a new job (after all, I am unemployed). Any takers?

Garfield1966 said:
Hotel,

If you will read oneflyer's post I do not believe he stated that your choice would be confined to another airline. Oneflyer merely asked if you were offered 30% more pay in another job, would you go.

I know, I know… it’s all those pesky little details that get in the way huh. I think you owe him an apology (don’t hold your breath Oneflyer).

So, who wants to put odds down on the type of response that I get from Hotel? I have 10:1 that it involves personal insults and a possible inquiry on my search for a new job (after all, I am unemployed). Any takers?
[post="175231"][/post]​
werent you fired garfield ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
:lol: :lol:

Latest posts