Does any one know?

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
Just saw a program on the travel channel "Flight Attendant Training School" filmed with Frontier Airlines. Any of you folks ever seen this or know any thing about the program ?
It was real interesting. It followed some f/as thru their ioe & graduation.

Yes, I have been watching it since it started - it is pretty entertaining - their training is a lot different from what I have been exposed to. Just a sidenote - it was suppose to be filmed at America West, but when the merger went through they went to Frontier instead......

It comes on Thursday evenings with (2) 30 minute segments. During the week it airs all the time as repeats. This Thursday (3/16) are the final 2 episodes.......

Although I have not attended Frontier training. It's all very similar .... very difficult. I've been through 4 yes 4 ... furloughed from one, and 2 company closures!

I've had to qualify for as little as one aircraft to eleven.

I must say so for the benefit of TV, Frontier has more drama. Also NO airline gives you a beautifully furnished house! You're lucky to get a hotel room. And if you get one expect to share it and love your roomie, no matter what or you're out!

and yes, sometimes people were asked to leave which seemed unfair to the people watching, but that's the way it is! Like the time (in the beginning) when a trainee was dismissed after being "just" 3 minutes late. That's the way it is in real life FA training! Airlines need dependable people.

I caught the programs last night, Thanks for telling me it would be on then. I couldn't believe they let that girl go after all of that & she allowed it to be shown on tv.(She was late for her IOE)
Is this the way it really happens for those who have been thru this ?

I caught the programs last night, Thanks for telling me it would be on then. I couldn't believe they let that girl go after all of that & she allowed it to be shown on tv.(She was late for her IOE)
Is this the way it really happens for those who have been thru this ?
I missed the last few episodes so I'll be seeing it at some future date. I can answer your question from one company's perspective with certainty, YES. A flight attendant can not be late. Especially showing up for IOE. It's like being late for a job interview. Shows a possible pattern of not placing enough importance on the "on time" element. Even "after all of that" she should have known the expectations and busted her butt to plan ahead for all contingencies.
Brand new f/a's especially at some regionals are young or have not had a paying job and need to know from the start of training that you are on time or you go home. Tough? Yes