Does Anyone Know?

drifterreno

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
Does anyone know the pay structure for supervisors and managers at the res centers and the airports??? Question came up today during a discussion. Thanks for the help. By this I mean the sups and managers at both places.

drifterreno said:
Does anyone know the pay structure for supervisors and managers at the res centers and the airports??? Question came up today during a discussion. Thanks for the help. By this I mean the sups and managers at both places.
[post="279902"][/post]​
They are all paid within the grade 78 payband. Average Res sup is at 42-44k a year that is a senior one.

Managers are much more about grade 80.. the money on that one i don't know.

:up: thanks for asking that one good info needed
USAirUnited said:
They are all paid within the grade 78 payband. Average Res sup is at 42-44k a year that is a senior one.

Managers are much more about grade 80.. the money on that one i don't know.
[post="279904"][/post]​

The money for a manager in a place like CLT (gate/ato/ramp) is starting around 45k per year. Some are making more but not a lot. Senior ones are only around 50k.

PineyBob said:
Just curious, what is the average supervisors "Span Of Control"? How many direct reports?
[post="280570"][/post]​

I believe a supervisor is responsible for two gates (in customer service) and a ramp lead is responsible for two gates also. The supervisors and leads report to shift managers. There is one shift manager per concourse inside and two per concourse outside. The ticket counter has a shift manager as well as the international operation so at any given time there are 4 shift managers on duty and they report to the Passenger Service Manager who reports to the station director.

For Res, each supervisor has probably more than 50 agents who they are responsible for monitoring and reviewing their attendance. However, unlike the airports, the supervisors in res don't have alot of customer contact,only when the CSD lead can't handle a screaming irate do they pick up the phone and talk to a customer. Probably some supervisors talk to more passengers than others, but the bulk of customer service problems are handled by res agents posing as supervisors.

EightySix said:
...handled by res agents posing as supervisors...
[post="280607"][/post]​

I have always been told when one asks to speak to a supervisor the normal at U is to give the call to another rep and not a supervisor. It seams unethical for U to have that policy as it deceives the consumer. I am not surprised though.

Supervisors in res are res agents who have bid into the supervisor positions, they have a little more flexability than a res agent, although they are mostly there to enforce current policy and procedure and try to assist if they can...within certain guidelines....and they to have limits and guidelines......

There are some CSD agents that did not bid into the position,they were placed.
And it isn't a bid, there isn't any kind of interview for the job.
They don't want the added responsibility nor are they getting paid any more for it.
Basically, if you want to do it, you can, doesn't matter if you know your job or not, are doing a good job, or can handle escalated calls.

Res said:
Supervisors in res are res agents who have bid into the supervisor positions, they have a little more flexability than a res agent, although they are mostly there to enforce current policy and procedure and try to assist if they can...within certain guidelines....and they to have limits and guidelines......
[post="281211"][/post]​
Supervisors in res are Management (MSP) and they reply to COBs and are interviewed and selected. CSDs are not (MSP)supervisors, but are agents that have additional training and either bid or are drafted for the position. They receive no additional pay for their responsibilites. USAirways has used this for the past 10-15 years. When they are unable to satisfy the caller, they can then pass to a (MSP) Sup (if they can find one). Finding one should become easier since they have announced 2 new supervisors and 1 new manager in the past few weeks. Top heavy ...you betcha we are!!

drifterreno said:
Okay, so how much==please by hour or they salary--does a "team leader" make
[post="281370"][/post]​

If you mean the CSD agent they make agent scale, no more than a res agent. Top pay is 17 an hour after I think 11 or 12 years.

Latest posts