Res Offices In India Or Alabama

planeirish

Aug 8, 2004
There is a rumor going around that there are 200 res agents working in India and also a office in Alabama. Does anyone know anything?

Thanks,

Sanjay .... ops I mean Sean.

planeirish said:
There is a rumor going around that there are 200 res agents working in India and also a office in Alabama. Does anyone know anything?

Thanks,

Sanjay .... ops I mean Sean.
[post="167056"][/post]​

Sonebody was circulating pnrs that the GSA office in India built and of course everyone jumped on the bandwagon. We have about 30 plus offices, we must be running a double secret one in Moscow too I guess. Not to say the company probably isn't looking at alternative locations for the res offices but I don't think having wordwide GSA offices is doing anything to reduce the hundreds of calls on hold in reservations every day.

If you start seeing promos posted on tickets for "Free Slushees" or "Free Chewing Tabacco" then you'll know.

demotivators_1805_9095999.jpg

looks like res agents may be working from their home, if they choose.......

quote from usa320pilot

For the CWA, I understand the company is warming to the "Rez stay at home" program, is considering a $2.00 per hour "high cost" city premium (COLA), and a modified "buy out" program. There is some room for the CWA to negotiate and next week could be important for your union.

unquote

any comments welcomed

Do I need to go into detail of his false information?

Lets just say UCT/ICT.

700UW said:
Do I need to go into detail of his false information?

Lets just say UCT/ICT.
[post="167187"][/post]​

what are your thoughts of res working from home?

I am not a res agent so I cant comment, but with the direction of this company, they want to outsource everything and anything they can.

I was a res agent when I first came to the company and once the doors of the different offices started closing one by one, I often could not figure out how only 2 offices in the end were going to handle the calls.

I would rather see a work from home program than a "work from India" one.

We need the jobs right here in the US and as employees of US we really need the positions.

I'd still be there if I could work from home. It was my one big program that I really wanted to support. Give me the equiptment and I'll be happy to work from home. Course you'd have to drop my salary---but then no drive time every day--and maybe give me an incentive--maybe a commission bassed salary and I'll be glad to work in Reno. I'm also pushing this at hp---KEEP IT UP GUYS BUT DON'T LET THEM FARM OUT THE STUFF TO OTHER COUNTRIES.