Don't Fly NWA

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
For anyone who wishes to buy the bumper sticker saying not to fly NWA please contact Brian McKeever at the below address/phone number or visit AMFA Local 9. The stickers are ONLY $1.00 each + s/h for mailing. The money will be used to help support the strike effort at NWA. The strike is NOT over and your support is still needed. If you can't walk the picket lines then support them in a different way. If you see a SCAB let them know what they are. If you see a AMFA NWA AMT tell them hello, shake their hand and THANK them for fighting for all of us.

[email protected]

or by mail at

Brian McKeever
1150 Bayhill Dr. Suite 121
San Bruno, CA 94066

650-416-2007 or 650-826-1407

For anyone who wishes to buy the bumper sticker saying not to fly NWA please contact Brian McKeever at the below address/phone number or visit AMFA Local 9. The stickers are ONLY $1.00 each + s/h for mailing. The money will be used to help support the strike effort at NWA. The strike is NOT over and your support is still needed. If you can't walk the picket lines then support them in a different way. If you see a SCAB let them know what they are. If you see a AMFA NWA AMT tell them hello, shake their hand and THANK them for fighting for all of us.

[email protected]

or by mail at

Brian McKeever
1150 Bayhill Dr. Suite 121
San Bruno, CA 94066

650-416-2007 or 650-826-1407

It's all over for NWA AMFA...time to pack it up and look for something else to worry about my friend. For example, NWA pilots going on strike. Now that's something to worry about, a Pilot strike WILL shut down the airline for good...sad but true. At least 'Doug Steelend' will be out of the airline industry. With Doug at the controls, all NWA employees need to think about plan 'B'. It's now time for ALPA to put everything on the line or Mr. Duane Worthe will have proven how 'Worthless' ALPA really is today. We will all wait and see what happens next...

PaulI dont thin this was posted on AA board. this is the NWA board i thought. as for the showdown, an FAA Aircraft Inspector told me tonight that he thinks NWA will be shutting down because the pilots are going to strike sometime in the next few weeks or month

What is it with NWA related topics being posted in the AA forum today?

Paul, I posted in AA & NWA forum. Personally I would like to post this information in all the forums but understand your criteria of multiple postings.

As to the reply that NWA is a done deal. Perhaps if all the NWA unions had listened to AMFA and stood together things would be different. Now it seems as if the remaining unions will sell their collective souls to NWA management for that last piece of grizzle on the carcas of a once dominate airline.

One thing is for sure though... NWA management will safely float to the ground in their golden parachutes. And the remaining employees? Well, they will have the rest of their days remembering they had a chance to fight a unified front but elected to worry only about themselves.

For all the employees that supported the NWA AMTs I thank you. For those that didn't I hope you remember everyday your cowardice.

What is it with NWA related topics being posted in the AA forum today?
Its an relevant airline topic Paul. Many non-NWA airline mechanics support the AMFA fight against Scab Air, we donate time, money, and efforts to continue the fight today. It should be posted on all airline forums, as its a industry wide fight against rogue greedy management.

Thanks for the info Ken.

It's all over for NWA AMFA...time to pack it up and look for something else to worry about my friend. For example, NWA pilots going on strike. Now that's something to worry about, a Pilot strike WILL shut down the airline for good...sad but true. At least 'Doug Steelend' will be out of the airline industry. With Doug at the controls, all NWA employees need to think about plan 'B'. It's now time for ALPA to put everything on the line or Mr. Duane Worthe will have proven how 'Worthless' ALPA really is today. We will all wait and see what happens next...
Well you pilot's should have joined the fight, but you crossed the picket lines instead, most likely you still didn't save your million dollar pen$ions, which is all that matters to pilots today.

The industry will believe an ALPA strike when we see one. Personally, I don't see ALPA Scab Air pilots having the stones to walk and tell Dougie Stealin' and "That Girl" to shove it. I also don't know how you feel safe flying scab maintained whales... but then they land fairly well on just main gear only.

Any airline but NW. Would rather buy a full fare tkt on any other airline than nonrev on NW. Will not allow any family member or friend to consider trvling with NW. They are a disgrace and the only way to let them know how the public feels is not fly with them. Considering union muscle in DTW and their ability to communicate with members, I hope they let ALL union members know what has happened and boycott. Do not forget 9/11 and do not forget this!

Paul, I posted in AA & NWA forum. Personally I would like to post this information in all the forums but understand your criteria of multiple postings.

As to the reply that NWA is a done deal. Perhaps if all the NWA unions had listened to AMFA and stood together things would be different. Now it seems as if the remaining unions will sell their collective souls to NWA management for that last piece of grizzle on the carcas of a once dominate airline.

One thing is for sure though... NWA management will safely float to the ground in their golden parachutes. And the remaining employees? Well, they will have the rest of their days remembering they had a chance to fight a unified front but elected to worry only about themselves.

For all the employees that supported the NWA AMTs I thank you. For those that didn't I hope you remember everyday your cowardice.

Ken, you speak of the other groups at NW listening to AMFA; well, they did. Since AMFA's inception, they have constantly preached that their skill and skill alone would bring airlines like NWA down and that they did not need anyone else, especially the "unskilled". McFarlane is on record shortly before the strike saying something along the lines that (paraphrasing) "strength in numbers does not neccessarily mean strength". Well, they talked the talk and then were forced to walk the walk. I find it odd that their rhetoric has shifted from the right wing "we can go it alone" mentality before the strike to left of center mentality of "the other unions should have walked with us", "an injustice to one is an injustice to all" and comparing themselves to Dr. Martin Luther King, (who was very much to the left). AMFA said that they could bring NWA down by themselves. The other unions gave them the opportunity to prove their "go it alone" theory and it has failed.

As for the remaining unions at NWA there is a possibility that they could strike and shut it down permanantly (unlike AMFA).

You are correct in that strength in numbers doesn't necessarily mean strength. AMFA would have succeeded had it not been for the low life SCABS and supervisors/managers that did what was needed at any cost to get the plane out. Had there not been SCABS to sell their souls for a few pieces of silver the airline would have stopped flying. There simply weren't enough idiot pilots to troubleshoot problems while in flight. But at least AMFA walked the walk.

As for the remaining unions striking at NWA I do not ever see that happening.
First, you have the iam, the BIGGEST threat to the AMT profession, who will allow the outsourcing of their membership as long as they can represent them afterwards. That's the truth!
Second, you have the pilots union at NWA. If an aircraft can be pushed back they will be in the seat. Why shouldn't they? Afterall, they were willing to take aircraft that were "repaired" by SCABS and even help them troubleshoot since they were too stupid to know what they were doing. The pilots care not about anyone but themselves. That's the truth!
Third, the F/A's union will not strike. Why? Well, they are allowing foreign nationals to fly their international routes? These F/A's lost their chance to stand and fight. That's the truth!

Will NWA cease to operate? Only after all the greedy, inept, anti-labor management people have licked clean the last drop from the "Black Chalice of Greed", or, God forbid, one of NWA's aircraft makes a nice big hole in the ground. Now that's the truth!