DOT Report for July 2007

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Ah....it's DOT report time again so here's the Cliff Notes version of the latest report covering July:

On-Time performance:

US was #15 of 20 carriers included in the DOT report with 66.3% of mainline flights arriving less than 15 minutes late. Delta and American were the two big carriers finishing lower, plus Eagle, Comair, and ASA. The average for the 20 carriers included (the "industry" average) was 69.8%.

For hubs and focus cities:

Airport - US O/T% - Airport O/T%
BOS - 60.0% - 63.3%
CLT - 69.1% - 69.2%
DCA - 65.4% - 65.1%
LAS - 71.5% - 75.2%
LGA - 60.6% - 60.0%
PHL - 59.6% - 63.4%
PHX - 74.5% - 74.3%

Mishandled Baggage:

US was #14 of 20 with a mishandled rate of 9.89/1,000 passengers, besting only express carriers Skywest, Mesa, Pinnacle, Comair, Eagle, and ASA. The "industry" average (for the 20 carriers covered) was 7.93/1,000 passengers.

Passenger complaints filed directly with the Dot:

What kind of month would it be without US at the bottom of the list??? Once again, US had both the most complaints (267) and the worst complaint rate (4.97/100,000 enplanements). The "industry" average was 1.98/100,000 enplanements.

Click here for the full report.

Jim

On-Time performance:
For hubs and focus cities:

Airport - US O/T% - Airport O/T%
BOS - 60.0% - 63.3%
CLT - 69.1% - 69.2%
DCA - 65.4% - 65.1%
LAS - 71.5% - 75.2%
LGA - 60.6% - 60.0%
PHL - 59.6% - 63.4%
PHX - 74.5% - 74.3%

sky high states: 60 percent in LGA?.....Ouch, those shuttle passengers must be LIVID. Wasnt that supposed to run like---> clockwork? And, BOS and DCA are NOT far behind.

thanks for the posting, boeing

only stating opinions

sky high states: 60 percent in LGA?.....Ouch, those shuttle passengers must be LIVID. Wasnt that supposed to run like---> clockwork? And, BOS and DCA are NOT far behind.

thanks for the posting, boeing

only stating opinions

Yes, people are livid at those three airports (not at US specifically). There are lots of people, myself included, who simply don't fly to those airports because it's such a clusterf (though I've always had good luck at BOS). Lots of people drive or take the train, which also has its problems but there's no TSA manhandling your panties while yelling at you. I don't live in the Northeast, so when I say I don't fly to LGA anymore, I mean I don't visit NYC at all any more (was only for business). No thanks, I'll do business elsewhere where I don't waste half my day going nowhere.

Isn't it funny that our position in the monthly stats just happens to coincide with the res migration. Company spin says things are improving. Please tell me where. DP says we are improving but the rest of the industry is coming down to our level and blaming it on weather etc. Just more Tempe BS spin. Things have not been improving and NOTHING has been done to improve our crappy res system as a company notice made light of. The one thing that Tempe has proved to be a master of is deceit and lies. Things will never improve until they face the facts of their mistakes and fix them. Getting rid of qik/shares would be a step in the right direction.

The maintenance migration from Merlin to Scepter (computer systems) also helps keep us down.

Yes, people are livid at those three airports (not at US specifically).

sky high states: A related article to this issue: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070905/law167.html?.v=4

"With a major hub in Philadelphia, hourly Shuttle operations on the East Coast and hundreds of flights throughout the Northeast, we are strongly supportive of the FAA's plan," said C.A. Howlett, senior vice president of public affairs for the airline. "Administrator Marion Blakey and her colleagues are to be commended for fashioning a plan that will reduce congestion by at least 20 percent, while also mitigating noise impacts and reducing fuel consumption. The implementation of this plan is the single best solution to the congestion and delays that have inconvenienced travelers for too long."

only stating opinions

sky high states: A related article to this issue: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070905/law167.html?.v=4

"With a major hub in Philadelphia, hourly Shuttle operations on the East Coast and hundreds of flights throughout the Northeast, we are strongly supportive of the FAA's plan," said C.A. Howlett, senior vice president of public affairs for the airline. "Administrator Marion Blakey and her colleagues are to be commended for fashioning a plan that will reduce congestion by at least 20 percent, while also mitigating noise impacts and reducing fuel consumption. The implementation of this plan is the single best solution to the congestion and delays that have inconvenienced travelers for too long."

only stating opinions

What's the plan? That link leads to a press release that has zero information (as if I should be surprised).