Doug Parker decries profit sharing....

700UW said:
Do you want DL's profit sharing?
Are you willing to give up your CBA?
No scope?
DL hasn't added a ramp station since the merger and has cut stations?
Are you willing to have 50% ready reserve who get no benefits except flight?
In 2012 DL cut the profit sharing by 33% from 15% to 10%, because the unionized pilots negotiations it. In return the pilots got a 20% raise from June of 2012 till December of 2014.
Meanwhile the non-union ramp and CSA got 2%-8% raises over the same time frame.
See DL's non-union employees have three different pay scales from ramp, CSA and etc..
And none of them top out at the same rates.
And now DL has once again reduced Profit Sharing again, except for the pilots as they voted it down.
You know there is no way I would exchange my CBA to be in my Delta counterparts shoes, even if this year he's getting more money than me.

But a little thank you for a job well done in an envelope with a few zeros would go quite a long way.

700UW said:

No scope?

In 2012 DL cut the profit sharing by 33% from 15% to 10%, because the unionized pilots negotiations it. In return the pilots got a 20% raise from June of 2012 till December of 2014.

See DL's non-union employees have three different pay scales from ramp, CSA and etc..

And now DL has once again reduced Profit Sharing again, except for the pilots as they voted it down.
and i can expect anymore from the new american west airlines?

700UW said:

No scope?

Why did you allow the wage adjustment to be with a Non-Union airline?

And please tell me how I did that?

Considering I am not a rep nor an employee.

And back in the day we had pay parity plus one at US and it averaged AA, CO, DL, UA and we got that plus 1%.

700UW said:
And please tell me how I did that?

Considering I am not a rep nor an employee.

And back in the day we had pay parity plus one at US and it averaged AA, CO, DL, UA and we got that plus 1%.
I thought you said you are a Rep? or Were a Rep ?

WeAAsles said:
You know there is no way I would exchange my CBA to be in my Delta counterparts shoes, even if this year he's getting more money than me.

But a little thank you for a job well done in an envelope with a few zeros would go quite a long way.
That's been my argument the whole time W, it doesn't have to be either/or the way Parker likes to spin it.
A nice well rounded one time thank you for a job well done would suffice!

700UW said:
And Kevin why dont you explain the 2012 forward reductions and the latest redo of the formula going forward again after the latest payout.

And did you have a say in any of it?
We're at-will employees; we don't have a say in much of anything...

Kev3188 said:
We're at-will employees; we don't have a say in much of anything...
while right now your making some of t h e best wages in the airlines getting profit sharing check.in2003 and 2012 the twu and aa had our pay cuts in 2 weeks time. They been at it 3 weeks now when we should get a pay raise and all they have done is uniforms and bulletin boards

At UAL surprisingly us mechanics finally got a decent profit sharing, 13% of eligible wages which is last years gross minus the previous years profit share amount to be paid on Feb 26. Im getting $12.8K before taxes.

D7571987 said:
At UAL surprisingly us mechanics finally got a decent profit sharing, 13% of eligible wages which is last years gross minus the previous years profit share amount to be paid on Feb 26. Im getting $12.8K before taxes.
That's alright we don't mind. We're just happy to work for the NEW American Airlines. So what if Delta, United, Southwest and an Alaskan mail carrier want to give out cash. We have the benefit of working for an airline that comes first in the alphabet.

700UW said:

That's simply not true....the pilots didn't vote down the reduced Profit Sharing that will begin in 2017. It was never up for a vote because profit sharing isn't a contractual obligation and thus not open to negotiating as i would have hoped you were aware of.

Latest posts

Back