Doug Parker decries profit sharing....

It's that kind of mentality that puts this company in the pole position that it is in
Will they ever see the light
Maybe Delta will buy out USAAir

Overspeed said:
DL+3% is an unacceptable offer. If Dougie was willing to jump at giving us a near even swap of the old PS rate for fixed pay increases when AA/US was facing fuel headwinds and merger uncertainity, he should be much more willing to give us the same deal now with fuel at record lows and the meat of the merger issues (PSS) behind him.

Or maybe he was so desperate to pull off the merger he was willing to do and say anything to get it done. Now that he has that behind him he feels he only has to do just enough to make you not want to leave.

I agree with overspeed......it would take us about 7 years to recoup the Delta profit sharing at a 3% raise.
How is that beneficial?  alot can happen in 7 years........another bankruptcy?  never say never
give us the money now!

Reactions: 1 person
dfw gen said:
Too drag negotiations on and on and on...
why do you think AA was dragging their feet?       waiting on B scale on UAL?

no B scale anywhere!   it will screw us later on as history has proven

Chuck Schalk said:
I agree with overspeed......it would take us about 7 years to recoup the Delta profit sharing at a 3% raise.
How is that beneficial?  alot can happen in 7 years........another bankruptcy?  never say never
give us the money now!
When the first airline profits started to come out it was very clear that the 3% change that Parker back pedaled to was going to be subpar if as he also said we were to be compensated equal if not better than the top paid competitor. And yes that's even with the 50% cut that DL announced for next year. In BASE wages even the original 7% might not equal what our peers may be paid next year?

Profits are flexible though but looking at the forecast for the next few years I'm not reading anything that changes the picture we just saw for 2015. 3% will be AA getting our work for pennies on the dollar next to our competitors.

Worldport said:
I'd still take the 3%+ over DL profit sharing and work rules
The work rules I agree with. Not sure on the PS though? If the 50% formula cut was in place for 2015 the payout for you and I would be about $6000.00 from what I've been told? The 3% is less than $1.00 per hour for Fleet. So the PS paid out around $4000.00 more in value.

One more time. 3% is "subpar"

700UW said:
They have no work rules and 40% Ready Reserve.
I'm not forgetting that guys. We do also subsidize somewhat though with PT and the pay-scale. On the IAM side it takes 12 years and on the TWU it's 9.

If AA offers a buyout (Tax deductible) they can get rid of a bunch of us old geezers and maybe keep their costs somewhat comparable?

Everyone is talking about what DP promised the Delta +7 or Delta +3%, aren't you all forgetting the 4% that the other workgroups got for signing?

Just try and get One of the NON Intl. union guys to give you an answer as to what the TWU/IAM Assoc. is looking at as a financial package. They go to negotiations spend your dues eat/drink and come back to the station and tell us what? Latest update they talked about uniforms and boards. Meeting are scheduled thru whenever. 

Now its election time and what are they going to say not good to change mid stream. We all are being scammed and you don't realise it.

Reactions: 2 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:
Everyone is talking about what DP promised the Delta +7 or Delta +3%, aren't you all forgetting the 4% that the other workgroups got for signing?

Just try and get One of the NON Intl. union guys to give you an answer as to what the TWU/IAM Assoc. is looking at as a financial package. They go to negotiations spend your dues eat/drink and come back to the station and tell us what? Latest update they talked about uniforms and boards. Meeting are scheduled thru whenever. 

Now its election time and what are they going to say not good to change mid stream. We all are being scammed and you don't realise it.
The 4% was given when Delta raised their rates by 4% and kept the FA's and other non contract groups at 7% above the top Delta rate. The 4% is just part of staying 7% (Now 3%?) above that top rate.

It's not 7% plus 4%. Never was. If we get a 25% raise to go above whoever is the highest paid out there by whatever percentage, that 4% is just part of the total.

Shortly after this video Crandall became CEO and shortly after that he continued to show his appreciation by handing out profit sharing checks. Those were the good old days. Listen to the video.

https://youtu.be/12qTjU3ES78

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts