Doug Parkers first TownHall in PHL

Tad, I think the silence so far on this issue is the answer iself. Dont hold your breath.

I got an email back from him the same night. He said he was not aware of the questions or the website, but cc'd the person who must have been the contact person to see what they said and why he had not been aware of them. I replied with my question to him (and some other comments not related) and have yet to get another response.

I got an email back from him the same night. He said he was not aware of the questions or the website, but cc'd the person who must have been the contact person to see what they said and why he had not been aware of them. I replied with my question to him (and some other comments not related) and have yet to get another response.
My question to you is Do you believe him? Do you believe he is not aware of this site? Let us know when and what the response is and by the way who was the contact person, its been so long I forget. Doug is going to be in INT thurs and Phx rez Fri for town hall mtgs. Anyone want a question asked? EVen though I work into the wee hours I will be in for this pr or bs mtg. I am a very good notetaker and will provide as much feedback as possible.

Talented management, as found at Southwest and Costco, and as many on this board experienced at PI, create win-win-wins for customers, shareholders and employees.

Less talented managers need some help, and inevitably, that help comes out of labor's pocket.

Often, the downsizing strategy fails to produce the desired outcome - savings are not realized, profits do not increase and customers are less satisfied.

One definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over, and expect different results.

This is not to say downsizing is not sometimes the right strategy. OTOH, it is not always, and perhaps even not often, the right strategy. It takes talent to know the difference, and after two BK's at US, I think a strong case can be made US management wasn't up to it. BK was not inevitable in 1999, and I'd bet large Kellerher could have stepped in at that point and created a win-win-win situation.

At what point do we stop creating a politico-economic situation in the US that keeps working class purchasing power on the downward path of the past 20 years? That period, by the way, covers an American workforce that was the most educated and productive on the planet.

Do we stop when compensation equals Mexico? China? Vietnam? Let's just push back the needle back to the American South of yesteryear, when profits were easy, and any moron could run a plantation.

At what point do we stop creating a politico-economic situation in the US that keeps working class purchasing power on the downward path of the past 20 years? That period, by the way, covers an American workforce that was the most educated and productive on the planet.

Do we stop when compensation equals Mexico? China? Vietnam? Let's just push back the needle back to the American South of yesteryear, when profits were easy, and any moron could run a plantation.

As long as we keep electing globalist Democrats and Republicans who vote for the NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and CAFTA nothing is going to change.

The reason we have a goverment is so the people in this country can have a better life, not to turn this country into international trading zone that protects certain politically connected companies from competition.

The downward spiral is by design. The corporate globalists have to kill the middle class in order to merge us with Mexico and Canada and create a Pan American Union just like the EU, enroute to a world monetary system and world government.

The downward spiral is by design. The corporate globalists have to kill the middle class in order to merge us with Mexico and Canada and create a Pan American Union just like the EU, enroute to a world monetary system and world government.

Trader,

I'm rereading your post for the 5th time. I just may agree with some of it, and that's a damn first...maybe I need my head examined.

So, my question is, do you think we should assist or resist and make every attempt to destroy the creators world design?