Doug Parker's Wikipedia

roosterfish

Sep 24, 2007
so... there's this other discussion on the message board about lobbying and i remembered reading on wikipedia about how doug parker has contributed money to the republican party.

so today when i looked at Parker's Wikipedia page, the information is gone...the paragraph about his contributions to the republican party has been replaced with:

"Doug Parker has 3 DUIs, the most recent in 2007."

When I noticed that the information was deleted, I went to the internet archive (www.archive.org/) and looked up parker's wikipedia page from july 25, 2006 and it says:

"According to documents Parker filed to the FEC, he has made over $10,000 in contributions to Republican senate and congressional canidates as well as several GOP organizations."

...so is there any way of telling who exactly is editing this information?

The only way that it can be tracked is if someone edits it without using an account (only the IP address and the time of the event is logged). But that's if you can figure out making an account. A friend of mine from England does, but he's editing things on physics and math, and other things I didn't do so well in high school.

You (or anyone) can add that comment back in. Someone can edit it back out if it's deemed not relevant or inaccurate. That's the beauty of Wikipedia.

As of this moment, I anonymously added those two comments back in, but it's likely they'll be taken out by the time I hit the 'add reply' button.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Parker

Wikipedia-lolcat.jpg

So what if he contributed to the Republican Party? How much do the unions contribute to the Democratic Party? So what?

Unions cannot by law contribute money to policitcal parties or candidates.

http://cwa-cope.org/about.html
CWA-COPE is the political action committee for the working men and women of CWA Funded by the voluntary contributions of CWA members, their family members and retirees, CWA-COPE provides financial contributions to worker-friendly candidates. CWA can only use voluntary dollars to contribute to an endorsed candidate for federal office. No union dues money of any kind can be given to a political candidate for federal office or national political party.Working families can never match the contributions of Corporate America or the wealthy. Together we can combine our financial and voluntary resources to make a real difference in hundreds of key elections at the federal, state and local level. CWA-COPE offers workers the power to gain the attention of lawmakers to their agenda.

But that law has more holes in it than a giant strainer. Must be the same law as lobbyists.
No it doesnt, a union has to account for every penny spent, companies dont have too.

So please show us the holes then if you say they exsist.

Whoever is editing it is a gay 25 year old male living in New York that likes South Park. All of his changes relates to the airline business, so i'm not sure its being done by an "insider" at USAirways.. err America West. His profile is used here, at flyertalk, skyscraper something, and even Xtube with an interesting "self pic" :shock:

I'm surprised he didn't add a lil bit more color to it... we gays are known for our drama :p

No it doesnt, a union has to account for every penny spent, companies dont have too.

So please show us the holes then if you say they exsist.
I can tell you that I grew up in the home of a very...very big union Heavy Hitter.... Still is...

and money can be raised by outside union advocates..... and money comes poring in....
Sometimes they are called pacfunds as well...

believe you me...... money comes from unions.....to political purposes....

IMHO

Dues money cannot be given to a campaign or a candidate, it is against the law.