Shame on you Doug

Henderfuzz

Senior
Mar 29, 2006
I understand DP flew thru DFW during this holiday period.
Not once however did he visit the ramp. Now Im not sure how much time he actually had as I understand he was on his way to visit family. Wait arent we all family as employees.
Oh well anyway I guess he just didnt want to face us on the fleet ramp and see how really short handed we are and how we have junk for equipment. He has to keep that rosey picture in his head that all is well and his airline family is all happy and there bellys are full of the food we got for thankgiving.
Sorry Doug to bust your bubble but all isn"t well.
Everyone be careful and work safe for the holidays.

Waaaahhh!!!

He also didn't cure cancer or prevent earthquakes.

Next time he is in DFW, he will wash your car and weed your garden, OK?

While that would have been a nice gesture, I don't think it is fair to ridicule him (or anybody for that matter). Since he was visiting family, I am sure the last thing he wanted to do was work. We have all done similiar things too.

I agree ..get over it! He probably thought it was more important to stay out of the way and let the employees do their jobs during a busy weekend rather than take time out to visit.

Another reason might be that during the many town halls he had, SOME ambushed him with some tough or inappropriate questions that made them morale downers instead of boosters.

That happens enough times you stay out of those situations because you do more harm than good.

Interesting response, piney.

Are you saying that" townhall meetings" should be like cocktail parties, all nice and nothing difficult? If so, what is the purpose? Another feather in the CEOs cap that he is "reaching out" to the peons?

I mean, if you cannot take the heat, get out of the kitchen, please. Doug created a lot of bad situations with promises he cannot keep.

That aside, I think Doug can take the heat and he is a much better person than most give him credit for. Not talking about you, piney, but it is amazing to see his biggest koolaide drinking "boosters" make excuses for imagined slights.

Since when? He is nothing if not personable and friendly!!

I have had him come up to me in public (not at work) and ask if I worked for the company becuase I was wearing a logo T-shirt.

Do you have a "I make US fly" tattoo on your forehead?

Do you have a "I make US fly" tattoo on your forehead?
Oh boy, if you are so bitter, just quit.

Let the people that like the company work there, or just whine like a little girl.

What a stupid thread. I guarantee you that if Doug took time out of his vacation and visited on the ramp, some union goon would whine about it..."where does HE get off checking up on us?"

Honestly, you can't please some people.

Oh boy, if you are so bitter, just quit.

Um, sixties, if you don't like it here n......, why don't you go back to Africa.

Yep, makes about as much sense...

Let the people that like the company work there, or just whine like a little girl.

What a stupid thread. I guarantee you that if Doug took time out of his vacation and visited on the ramp, some union goon would whine about it..."where does HE get off checking up on us?"

Honestly, you can't please some people.

Hopefully you work at some commuter where they, in your case, pay you well above your worth.

Good= "Mr Parker, I'm concerned about our PHL operation and how it is impacting all of our ability to earn our bonuses which are much appreciated. What steps are WE taking to address PHL?"

Bad- "YO! DOUG, when you gonna fix the freaking ramp in PHL for crissakes?"

Same question, if you're parker how would you react to each example????? And which example do you think he heard more of?

All the town meetings I ever attended DP was a cool cucumber even under the most pointed attacks. I give him an A...maybe even an A+ when it comes to Q & A sessions in a public forum. He's not afraid of the tough questions. If he was all about smoke screens and mirrors he certainely wouldn't risk being exposed by having town halls. He earned my respect after the first townhall I attended. A person with something to hide would most certainely NOT subject themselves to the torturous routine of holding town halls. You may not agree with him, but at least he allows you the opportunity to tell him in person.