Doug Parkers Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhxMama

Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
I saw that the questions for Doug Parker ended on 19Feb, any idea how many questions were asked and when he will respond? Due to the employee handbook(code of conduct) was anyone thinking they would trace these questions and terminate employees?

No they won't trace the emails to fire people.

I was so embarrased at the last open house with Doug. It was so clear that the FAs asking questions have paid no attention to the information put out by the company. And their attitude towards Doug was nothing less than childish.

It is fine to show passion and concern, but give the guy some respect.

I was impressed that no matter how anyone spoke to him, Doug always kept his cool.

I don't drink the coolaid, and I know that everything is not perfect, but get real. How many companies have you worked at where you have the opportunity to present your issues to the Top man?

It is time we stopped acting like children and educated ourselves with all the internal communication tools available and when given the opportunity to speak with Doug, act like the professionals we say we are!

I dont know what the f/a's said or how they acted as I was not there but I have been at Dougs town meetings in rez and it was also embarassing. I pride myself on treating everyone with respect and acting like an adult but some of these employees need psychological help. What runs through my mind is why on earth does he subject himself to these people? They can be rude and have no understanding of the industry. All that I can think of is that you get what you pay for most of the time and the wages paid dont draw in high caliber indiviuals. I dont drink the Kool Aid either but respecting others is the least we can do. We may differ on ideas and where the airline is heading but when you have no ideas or valid questions to ask please listen and form opinions. Its no wonder management shows no respect for their employees when they are not even given common courtesy when they spend time trying to have dialogue with their employees. JMHO. Any idea when these answers will be posted?

I saw that the questions for Doug Parker ended on 19Feb, any idea how many questions were asked and when he will respond? Due to the employee handbook(code of conduct) was anyone thinking they would trace these questions and terminate employees?
the announcement put out by Kevin from US Avi was that they did this in cooperation with U management.

I saw that too but I guess I just dont trust anyone. I think we should have been able to post on this board and have our questions answered here just as you my fine friend have responded to me. Regards.

I saw that too but I guess I just dont trust anyone. I think we should have been able to post on this board and have our questions answered here just as you my fine friend have responded to me. Regards.
as long as company policy or business methods,things of that nature aren't discussed...you're probably ok here.

Oh Dell, Sometimes "probably" isnt enough but I appreciate your concern. Mama.

The company doesn't have access to the actual emails and they are not interested in "tracking" people. They have been very open to this idea and no question is off limits.

We received about 75 questions and submitted the most asked topics. Many employees asked the same questions, so about 30+ questions will be used in the Q&A.

Doug's response will be posted shortly. We are working with his schedule.

I would like to thank everyone that participated in this Q&A.

Status
Not open for further replies.