More Hard Evidence OF Doug Parker's Anto-Customer Attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug put himself in the forefront and in doing so he continues his history of customer unfriendly attitudes despite the fact that this debacle is ultimately the fault of a misguded DOT attempt to regulate what amounts to the weather.
He didn't put himself in the forefront, he was asked a question. If it's ultimately the fault of the DOT, why rip Parker? Give them some credit, they saw this one coming, tried to fight it like all the other airlines, saw it become a reality, and came up with plan and procedure to deal with it; isn't this the kind of stuff we're always accusing them of not doing or not doing right? The guy's trying to protect revenue, it's not like anyone wants these flights canceled but that's the situation we're stuck in. Maybe explaining what our airline policy is going to be to the press and public beforehand is pro-customer; great, good, cool.

Mr. Parker and other executives of US Airways discussed their business last week at the annual media conference the airline holds for airline reporters and bloggers to ask the kind of questions that get dodged by airline public relations people.

Did you read the article you posted?

But Mr. Parker, along with Robert Isom, the airline’s chief operating officer, was pretty candid in addressing the situation, I thought.

Doug Parker is the CEO of such an airline that has publically stated they WILL engage in a behavior that impacts customers negatively.

One could make the argument that charging fares is a behavior that impacts the customers negatively. Should we stop charging fares? I hear about CEO's talking about revenue all the time. Does this also make them anti-customer?

And please don't hate on Excel, them data sheets got me through some tough times...

I get that Parker is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Given the choice HE chose the path that most negatively impacts customers and that adds the Times article to the body of evidence of his near hatred of customers

Not just HE, but EVERY major CEO in the industry and Parker was one of the last, if not the last, to actually publicly state this.

In the off chance that you are interested in some FACTS, here is a press release quoting Smisek on the issue back in the beginning of March:

http://www.eturbonews.com/14796/jeff-smisek-continental-open-merger

The bottom line is this: Parker and Co. have done enough things wrong that they deserved to be chastised for, but this isn't one of them.

Not just HE, but EVERY major CEO in the industry and Parker was one of the last, if not the last, to actually publicly state this.

In the off chance that you are interested in some FACTS, here is a press release quoting Smisek on the issue back in the beginning of March:

http://www.eturbonews.com/14796/jeff-smisek-continental-open-merger

The bottom line is this: Parker and Co. have done enough things wrong that they deserved to be chastised for, but this isn't one of them.

I actually was pretty pizzed at Smisek. To the point that on my last two trips to IAH I booked a Republic 175 with US livery rather than reward Smisek for his remarks. He's another "Floater" in the toilet bowl that is the Airline business and I'm about to spend some time over on that board. He may well rival and exceed Mr Parker in what appears to be a level of arrogance and contempt for customers.

One can admire Parker for his heretofore unknown candor on this issue, For me however he has lost all credibility and trust. Thus you have what may appear to be a knee jerk reaction on my part. I've seen this coming for awhile and it's unfolding pretty much as I predicted

When I hear something from US Airways I work back from the assumption it's a bald faced lie no matter who speaks and that really is the issue US faces with regular customers. .

Wow... you really need to let this one go. The more you rant about this more you make yourself look bad. I get you wanting to bash US at every imaginable moment but this is beyond ridiculous. But hey! Who am I to stop you from making a spectacle of yourself.

Actually, WE are going to let this one go..... some of these posts come too close to a personal attack......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back