DRESS CODE while TRAVELING

Neither will I on a flight, and it has nothing to do with a dress code (although I've been a NRSA passenger exactly once in the past ten years).
In the admittedly remote possibility that you will have to get out fast--emergency evacuation--you do NOT want to go down a slide in shorts (rugburn!), and you want shoes that will stay on your feet and enable you to move away--fast--from any possible fire and/or explosion. That's my reason for my 'dress code'!

[quote name='mga707' post='638316' date='Sep 6 2008, 06:27 PM'][quote name='CGAft' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:13 PM' post='638315'

In the admittedly remote possibility that you will have to get out fast--emergency evacuation--you do NOT want to go down a slide in shorts (rugburn!), and you want shoes that will stay on your feet and enable you to move away--fast--from any possible fire and/or explosion. That's my reason for my 'dress code'![/quote]

And a very good reason .

years ago you could spot a non rev a mile away--

Now!
ha!! TRAILWAYS is more like it.
they look and act like snots, get snippy when you explain the system when the Employee or who ever gave them the passes..never mentioned or they DIDNT REALLY LISTEN>
im done. case closed.

First class isn’t just about more comfortable seats in the front of the plane , free drinks and getting off the AC before anyone else …it’s also about IMAGE , style , prestige and all that B.S …
Apparently you have never flown a real airline's first class or PI or US when first class was something.

There is no image, style or prestige on US' First Class anymore.

QUOTE (LCC_#1 @ Sep 6 2008, 08:18 AM)
<SNIP> As far as dress, look around. This ain't 1985.

Our paychecks indicate that this is still 1985.........but we are still------------------>

What's the problem with "dressing" to pass fly?! I like my "lake" shorts and tees on my days off, but why should I not take pride in myself, and my company (I know, go ahead and alert the media, I put it in writing) when I'm taking advantage of a company provided benefit.

Heck, we should all want to provide an example to our customers about how one should behave on an airplane -- from how you interact with ground staff (with manners and respect) to how you board the aircraft ( use the underseat space!), to saying please and thank you ....

Just my 2 cents worth....

Take a look in F/C sometime. If there is one person wearing a suit and tie, it is pretty close to being a miracle. We need to blend in with the passengers on our flights. If you are going to Hawaii, blend in. If you are going to Washington D.C., blend in. Where the flight is going and the time of year should have a say so in the dress code.

Rogue

I'm not sure I'd ever want to nonrev in a t-shirt and shorts. I've worked in a few positions where I learn some interesting tidbits about aircraft & safety... I want as much of my body covered as much as humanly possible, and not to "look good" but "in case"...

such as the Spanair incident... I'm wondering what the survivors were wearing.

In a fire, most passengers have died due to exposure to heat & the flames. Clothing gives you an extra layer of protection.

Back