US Non-Rev Dress Code

When I get to non-rev (which is seldom anymore), I want to look good, which for me means a collared shirt (button down or polo), nice khakis or some sort of trousers other than jeans, a decent pair of shoes and a carryon that I can easily fit in an overhead or under the seat in front of me.

If I'm going to stick out, it's only because I look better than my seat neighbors who paid full fare. They can do whatever they please fashion-wise when they buy a ticket.

As bad as US has become, I still represent the airline when I travel, so I personally want to convey professionalism no matter what I'm up to when I'm on an aircraft or in an airport.

Oh, and that includes excessive alcohol consumption, too.

When I get to non-rev (which is seldom anymore), I want to look good, which for me means a collared shirt (button down or polo), nice khakis or some sort of trousers other than jeans, a decent pair of shoes and a carryon that I can easily fit in an overhead or under the seat in front of me.

If I'm going to stick out, it's only because I look better than my seat neighbors who paid full fare. They can do whatever they please fashion-wise when they buy a ticket.

As bad as US has become, I still represent the airline when I travel, so I personally want to convey professionalism no matter what I'm up to when I'm on an aircraft or in an airport.

Oh, and that includes excessive alcohol consumption, too.

Drinking to excess, while it is representative of US (as far as the leader of the airline goes, anyway), is probably not a good idea when non-revving.

Drinking to excess, while it is representative of US (as far as the leader of the airline goes, anyway), is probably not a good idea when non-revving.

Let me be more specific.

I refrain from excessive alcohol consumption or any alcohol consumption on flights. I should have been clear on that when I posted.

Thanks for pointing that out, JS. I don't want anyone getting the wrong (HIC)...idea.

Let me be more specific.

I refrain from excessive alcohol consumption or any alcohol consumption on flights. I should have been clear on that when I posted.

Thanks for pointing that out, JS. I don't want anyone getting the wrong (HIC)...idea.

I know, I was just poking fun at DoUgIe. :D

BTW no one cares how nicely you dress. Having to take off your shoes before walking through a metal detector, among a myriad of other stupid rules, makes your outfit about as meaningful as what to wear to the gym or when visiting someone in prison.

I know, I was just poking fun at DoUgIe. :D

BTW no one cares how nicely you dress. Having to take off your shoes before walking through a metal detector, among a myriad of other stupid rules, makes your outfit about as meaningful as what to wear to the gym or when visiting someone in prison.

You might be right, but I never felt right about wearing whatever was on the floor from the night before for a flight. That goes back to before I even started working for an airline.

I guess it's just the way I was raised.

Well if you look at my first post, I posted it to the US Airways board as a question about US current dress code standards for non-rev given the DL announcement of their new dress code.
You are correct. I guess I'm just tired of seeing US and DL in the same post. I stand corrected *tips hat and bows*