DTW-FRA to go 2x daily.

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
Second trip will be seasonal with a 757...

NWA Expands DTW-FRA Service with 2nd Daily Nonstop Flight
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northwest announced on Thursday that it will expand its service between its WorldGateway at Detroit and Frankfurt during the peak summer season by adding a second daily nonstop flight on the route beginning May 7, 2007 through October 27, 2007.
The additional Detroit-Frankfurt service is part of Northwest’s trans-Atlantic expansion in cooperation with joint venture partner KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.

In addition to the new Detroit-Frankfurt frequency and recently announced Detroit-Dusseldorf service, scheduled to begin June 5, 2007, Northwest and KLM serve 11 cities throughout Germany from the carriers' Amsterdam hub, including Berlin, Bremen, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hannover, Munich, Munster/Osnabruck, Nuremberg and Stuttgart.

“With a second Detroit-Frankfurt daily flight, our customers will now have greater flexibility and convenience when traveling to this key German business city,†said Phil Haan, executive vice president – international, alliances and information technology and chairman of NWA Cargo. “The additional frequency is an integral part of our trans-Atlantic expansion plan utilizing our 757 aircraft, which includes service to two new European destinations.â€

As previously announced, Northwest/KLM will launch new Detroit-Brussels service beginning on June 15, 2007 and Hartford-Amsterdam service starting July 1, 2007, making Hartford, Conn., an 18th gateway to Europe for Northwest and KLM. The trans-Atlantic expansion effort also includes new frequencies between Detroit and Amsterdam, beginning July 1, 2007, and a second daily flight between Boston and Amsterdam, beginning July 15, 2007.

Northwest’s new trans-Atlantic flights will be operated with Boeing 757-200 aircraft. The aircraft are being fitted with “winglets,†or extensions of the aircraft wing, that improve the fuel efficiency of the 757 and in doing so, also extend its range.

Inside the aircraft, Northwest is making several improvements to the fleet dedicated to this new service in order to provide trans-Atlantic customers with a comfortable travel experience.

The World Business Class cabin will be configured with 16 new seats in a two-aisle-two arrangement. The World Business Class seat will provide five feet (1.5 meters) of personal space. The seat will have many features including a four-way movable headrest, a laptop computer power port, snake reading light, extendable foot rest and lumbar support, among other comforts.

World Business Class customers will be provided with a portable in-flight entertainment system with a wide variety of movies, short-subject videos, music programs, compact discs of music and games to choose from, all available on-demand, so they can choose and play their entertainment when it fits their needs.

The coach class cabin will be equipped with 144 seats configured in a three-aisle-three arrangement. The “pitch,†or distance between rows, is being increased up to four inches, providing additional legroom and comfort.

The second Detroit-Frankfurt frequency is subject to slot approval from Airport Coordination Germany.

Northwest and KLM connect more of North America to Amsterdam than any other carrier. Northwest and KLM currently offer daily service between Amsterdam and Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Houston (Intercontinental), Los Angeles, Memphis, Tenn., Mexico City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Montreal, New York (JFK), Newark, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, British Columbia and Washington D.C.

OMG on this puny plane? Do people want to fly in a small plane for 10+ hours????????????????????????? Two engines?
Sign me a domestic only flyer......

I hear there is going to be a Paris build up next year...NS similar to AMS.

That one's been going around for awhile...I think it started when AF & KL merged...It'd be nice if it were to happen, but I don't see it anytime soon?

OMG on this puny plane? Do people want to fly in a small plane for 10+ hours?????????????????????????

I sure wouldn't...

Two engines?

Well, the A330 only has two (obviously), but I'd still take that anytime over the '57 just for the room inside. I don't care how many seats they remove from the T-ATL 757's, it'll still be very cramped. My guess is all the business PAX will do *whatever* they can to book away from this second trip.

Sign me a domestic only flyer......