NWA new 757 europe service

I read this and I am CONFUSED.. will seat 160 passengers in two classes. The business class cabin will be reconfigured with two aisles and 16 new seats, providing passengers with portable on-demand IFE, 1.5 m. of personal space, a computer port and other amenities. Coach will be configured with three aisles and 144 seats with 4 in. of additional pitch./quote]

What the article meant was two (seats) aisle two (seats) and in coach three (seats) aisle three (seats)

Is it any different than in the old days of 707's and DC-8's.

Yes it is VERY different today. Today we have choices of widebodies, back then we did not. I remember those old days.

I will take the widebodies of today over the narrow bodied AC anyday over the pond ;)

not being negative just sarcastic sorry about that
No biggie, yours was not the only negative comment. I thought that there might actually some excitement about the new service...and then people go on about how awful ETOPS and 757 are. Like I said, the US board has no monopoly in turing threads sour. It's just usually faster to do so! :p :shock:

(As noted on the US page, I wish that US would convert more more 757 to ETOPS for service to secondary markerts.)

The flights out of BDL are interesting. It's not that big of a market for NW. If it works out, NW and others might add transatlantic flights from similar (non hub) cities.

The flights out of BDL are interesting. It's not that big of a market for NW. If it works out, NW and others might add transatlantic flights from similar (non hub) cities.

I would hope that the other flights into/out of BDL are timed to feed this flight. I imagine it'll originate somewhere, flow through DTW or MSP, and then onto to AMS? I wonder how much traffic this will "poach" from the BOS-AMS run?

Also, anyone have any idea on cargo/weight restrictions? Or with 24 less seats, will it be able to go out "full?"

No biggie, yours was not the only negative comment. I thought that there might actually some excitement about the new service...and then people go on about how awful ETOPS and 757 are. Like I said, the US board has no monopoly in turing threads sour. It's just usually faster to do so! :p :shock:

(As noted on the US page, I wish that US would convert more more 757 to ETOPS for service to secondary markerts.)

i would think that a 76 or 330 would better fit wouldnt for bda flts?

I would hope that the other flights into/out of BDL are timed to feed this flight. I imagine it'll originate somewhere, flow through DTW or MSP, and then onto to AMS? I wonder how much traffic this will "poach" from the BOS-AMS run?

Also, anyone have any idea on cargo/weight restrictions? Or with 24 less seats, will it be able to go out "full?"

according to what I've seen, the 757 is a turn FROM AMS. I think it does something like this:

EWR-AMS-BDL-AMS-EWR (or something similar)

Latest posts

Back