E170 Sims Going To Clt

delldude said:
you forgot to mention the closing of the pit base maintenance
This could be the future of the PIT Hangar if my fellow IAM members do not agree to further concessions and keeping the bus work on our property. I am no fan at taking another hit in the pocket book but after almost 30 years I will do anything to keep my retirement and flying benefits even if that means seeing the junior mechanics furloughed. The IAM should know by know that the leafleting does not accomplish anything other than waste our dues on printing the flyers. 700UW/Delldude/Cavaliar/Pitguy and others, it is time for you guys to spread the message to your fellow IAM members that we all need to work with Dave. I am disappointed that you guys continue to drink the IAM kool-aid. :down: I am not against unions but the IAM has not done anything worth while in the last few years other than take our hard earned dues.

Attachments

• Tampahangar.jpg
    Tampahangar.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 104
It will be a cold day in hell when we work with Dave while he violates MY contract everyday, and when are you gonna realize he wants NO mechanics working at this airline?

Are you still employed? If you were non-union you would be gone and not working here anymore, wow, amazing that they let CCY people have internet access.

I agree there is uncertainty surrounding US Airways’ current restructuring, but both David Bronner and Dave Siegel are currently beating the drum regarding future M&A activity. Personally, I would like to see US Airways dump the United Airlnes/Star alliance combination and then orchestrate a deal with Northwest and their alliance partners. This would require some moves to prevent antitrust objections, but it could put United in a precarious position and avoid some of the United employee hostility.

With deteriorating fundamentals (further falling revenue and increased oil prices) and continued failure to articulate a business plan/POR to the bankruptcy court, it appears more and more likely that United will not emerge from bankruptcy protection intact, thus Northwest could be a better partner for US Airways.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Personally, I would like to see US Airways dump the United Airlnes/Star alliance combination and then orchestrate a deal with Northwest and their alliance partners. This would require some moves to prevent antitrust objections, but it could put United in a precarious position and avoid some of the United employee hostility.
Yeh, some minor structural tweeks, like the divestiture of the CLT and PHL hubs. :rolleyes:

USA320Pilot said:
I agree there is uncertainty surrounding US Airways’ current restructuring, but both David Bronner and Dave Siegel are currently beating the drum regarding future M&A activity. Personally, I would like to see US Airways dump the United Airlnes/Star alliance combination and then orchestrate a deal with Northwest and their alliance partners. This would require some moves to prevent antitrust objections, but it could put United in a precarious position and avoid some of the United employee hostility.
Now that's just not going to happen. With CO/NW and DL married, a union with US will never, ever happen.

USA320Pilot said:
With deteriorating fundamentals (further falling revenue and increased oil prices) and continued failure to articulate a business plan
I'm sorry, which airline are we talking about again?

USA320Pilot said:
... and continued failure to articulate a business plan/POR to the bankruptcy court, it appears more and more likely that United will not emerge from bankruptcy protection intact...
More distortion of the truth.

Keep trying to subtly twist words to spread your misinformation.

It is not a "failure" to articulate a business plan.

It is a STRATEGIC CHOICE to wait until the last possible moment in order to extract maximum benefit from the bankruptcy procedings.

It's your personal choice to label it as a failure, since you are upset that things are not unfolding the way you had hoped.

USA320Pilot said:
Personally, I would like to see US Airways dump the United Airlnes/Star alliance combination and then orchestrate a deal with Northwest and their alliance partners. This would require some moves to prevent antitrust objections, but it could put United in a precarious position and avoid some of the United employee hostility.

With deteriorating fundamentals (further falling revenue and increased oil prices) and continued failure to articulate a business plan/POR to the bankruptcy court, it appears more and more likely that United will not emerge from bankruptcy protection intact, thus Northwest could be a better partner for US Airways.
I'd say that "some moves to prevent antitrust objections" is putting it lightly. The addition of DL to the CO/NW alliance just barely squeaked by with the three airlines agreeing to make some significant concessions on hub gates, routes, and limitations on the number of flights to be codeshared -- and only did so in light of the approval of the US/UA alliance. Consider that the BOS-NYC-WAS routes would have an unacceptable market concentration in a four-way alliance -- the US Shuttle could not be part of it. The CO/NW relationship is long-standing, and contractually is slated to run for another twenty years or so. And Delta brings far more to the table in the alliance than US Airways can hope to in its current state, with stronger hubs and far broader international routes. I just don't see it happening unless Northwest were permitted to buy US Airways or its assets as part of a second bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.

Moreover, even if the government were to permit an alliance like this, what could US Airways bring to the alliance that it doesn't have? CO and DL both have better coverage of Europe and Latin America, while US offers zero service to Asia. CO and DL have Caribbean coverage which is comparable to US's. ATL is a far more effective hub for travel to the Southeast, CVG and DTW are far better-served than PIT (which is probably going away anyway), and EWR is a better transatlantic gateway than PHL.

You know, CO/NW probably would have been a better alliance partner for US than United, but US Airways management made a decision and they're stuck with it now. A healthy UAL would have been fine, but that is unfortunately not the current situation. And the UA/US alliance had that unpleasant side effect of pushing DL into partnership with CO & NW -- because it meant the end of the cooperation between DL and UA, and a DL/AA alliance would never have been permitted.

To attempt to get back on track vis a vis the sims going to CLT -- it seems obvious that the writing is on the wall for PIT. With the state and county unwilling to give US Airways what it wants based solely on promises (like the promise that they would not reject the PIT leases), it's pretty clear that US Airways will either abandon or further scale back its PIT operation.

And to second 767jetz' comments above regarding a certain poster distorting the truth ...

USA320Pilot said:
With deteriorating fundamentals (further falling revenue ...
That is an outright lie, as shown by United's SEC Form 8-Ks filed during the past year. In January 2004 (the most recent period available), United's monthly revenues totaled $1,254,415,000. Whether viewed in comparison to January 2003 (the same month last year) revenues of $1,179,899,000 or December 2003 (the immediately preceeding month) revenues of $1,203,585,000, it is clear that United's revenues are NOT declining.

USA320Pilot - What part of this do you not understand? Why would you lie about information that's so easy to verify?

Industry Observer said:
This could be the future of the PIT Hangar if my fellow IAM members do not agree to further concessions and keeping the bus work on our property. I am no fan at taking another hit in the pocket book but after almost 30 years I will do anything to keep my retirement and flying benefits even if that means seeing the junior mechanics furloughed. The IAM should know by know that the leafleting does not accomplish anything other than waste our dues on printing the flyers. 700UW/Delldude/Cavaliar/Pitguy and others, it is time for you guys to spread the message to your fellow IAM members that we all need to work with Dave. I am disappointed that you guys continue to drink the IAM kool-aid. :down: I am not against unions but the IAM has not done anything worth while in the last few years other than take our hard earned dues.
Some may be guilty of drinking Kool Aid, but others are guilty of smoking you know what, judging by some of these posts!!!!!!!!!

If I had 30+ years and was still working for U I would be thinking of retiring instead of taking up a stool in your "cozy" shop. The company does not want the Airbus work on the property, no matter what!!!!! Concessions are not going to matter......If you are that scared about your pension leave now while you have the chance!!!!!

If it was not for your IAM, you would not be worring about your pension, you would have none!!!! Just ask any non union employee still working for U.

USA320Pilot said:
With deteriorating fundamentals (further falling revenue and increased oil prices) ...
USA320Pilot:

Do the industry "fundamentals" vary depending upon which airline you happen to be discussing? I guess they do because, while the above quote was in regard to United, you posted the following regarding US Airways at nearly the same time (7:42 PM) in the "How Much Time Do We Have Left?" thread:

Thus, improving fundamentals due to falling fuel prices, summer time traffic, and pricing power will be key factors.
Care to explain these two seemingly schizophrenic viewpoints?