Earnings

So it begins. This airline is now going to have to perform to earn its money. Read between the lines and above the sweet icing spin put on this quarterly loss by Parker. The CASM is still the highest in the industry even though we are "LCC". Why is that? Where are the "synergies" promised by the Tempe brains? How can we have the highest CASM?

Must be the employee wages huh? No, wait, it's the bloated pensions. No, wait, it's the work rules. No, wait, we get too much vacation.

Do you giveback artists (especially in ALPA) understand now?

It's the way they run this outfit folks. Pure and simple. Anyone with a jet could have made money over the past couple of years. Now we're going to truly see just how inept this outfit is.

By the way, educate yourselves regarding the 4th quarter profits/losses at other major carriers. You'll get my point in rather short order.

LCC indeed!

How can we have the highest CASM?
This will always be true for US due to its network dynamics. There are a lot of shorthaul east coast flights with small gauge equipment. This is usually compensated by generally higher RASM on short haul vs long haul. However the RASM growth was overshadowed by CASM skyrocketing to oil.

Is the CASM high yes but in proportion to RASM it does ok. Always look at the whole picture not just one metric.

:down:

We have a shift manager that has been bragging that the company has set aside
55m to be divided among the management ranks!!! I guess that's a reward for
running such a top notch operation!!!

This will always be true for US due to its network dynamics. There are a lot of shorthaul east coast flights with small gauge equipment. This is usually compensated by generally higher RASM on short haul vs long haul. However the RASM growth was overshadowed by CASM skyrocketing to oil.

Is the CASM high yes but in proportion to RASM it does ok. Always look at the whole picture not just one metric.

Almost complete hogwash, sir.

Comparing US to other carriers takes oil out of the picture.

Please check stage-lengths compared to, oh, say, SWA and see how that cripples your argument.

One reason CASM is still so high is because the labor groups allowed management to offset labor savings by extracting more of the cash flow to creditors, drunks, family kin that can't get jobs elsewhere, etc. I mean, who benefits when our stellar management team picks $24 million crippled RJs over $6 million zero-timed airframe, completely refurbished and fully certificated DC-9s?

Almost entirely labor's (ALPA, CWA, AFA, etc.) and, of course, the employees making up those groups, fault for allowing these thieves to operate like this. It is like the people making up White House policy. They are hardly Republican, much less conservative. Simply put, they are thieves and thugs hiding behind what was once a grand ideology. Same with the airline industry. Too much money too easily hidden by accounting rules set up to thwart transparency.

Time for a union that refuses to play "hide the salami" with management.

You are kidding me! Our top notch management team should have incentives as they give us, like the Triple Play.
They get bonuses for keeping us last in every category? Great Job Tempe. Same old Bull Sh!t. Then they wonder why we
dont give a da#n.

If indeed your "shift manager" has been " bragging" about MGMNT profit sharing bonuses, he/she will be very dissapointed to find out that frontline Management profit sharing payouts depend solely upon the Company meeting certain Quarterly Profit benchmarks, and, someone from MGMNT correct me if I'm wrong, the 4th quarter loss may have blew it for them.

Yes correct me if I’m wrong , but the profit sharing depends on turning a profit every quarter for the entire year yes ?

Ah great , geez there goes our profit sharing …

Yes... that' s exactly what he said!!!

And by the way... have you ever heard the saying... "Figures don't lie but liars figure???"

DUI Doug and his boys are masters of the art!!!

read the earnings, there is $49 Million for profit sharing, it is based on a full year, not just a quarter.

Hey Freedom
That was addressed on another thread and I think it is based on the entire year. A profit is not required for each and every quarter.

phew , thanks guys ... that would really have sucked not to get it ... i mean like totally ...

Profit sharing for frontline MGMNT and the CBA workgroups are different animals, each workgroup's payout is determined by what was negotiated in their respective CBA. Fronline Management's profit sharing is payed out under different circumstances. I'm trying to do a little research and will try to post their payout rules.