Earnings

Show me a quote where I've complained about not being upgrafed other than as a result of SHARES being a POS!!

Upgrades are a perk not an entitlement. However when you reduce the number of F seats on an A321 to the point were you increase fuels stops and reduce the opportunity for high level elites to lose upgrades on Trans Cons then that is a reason for high yield elites to leave and that's bad for US Airways. I'm prefectly content with the % of times I get upgraded.
I recall a great amount of gnashing of teeth over the F seat reduction on the A321s and it had little to do with the fuel stop problem. It was very similar to the reaction to the 757 reduction as well. I guess my only real point here, from a VFF point of view, is that great service in coach on CO may not be as nice as bad F service on US. YMMV.

As for business practices, I'm not a huge defender of the Sandcastle. Improving customer service should lead to a better bottom line. I don't know whether the reduction in F seats has produced more Y revenue (from additional seat sales) or less (by driving away higher fare customers), but I'll bet the Sandcastle knows. But overall, you must admit that US management cannot be all that bad when they can almost equal the financial performance of CO despite having the worst network and the heaviest concentration of domestic flying.

But overall, you must admit that US management cannot be all that bad when they can almost equal the financial performance of CO despite having the worst network and the heaviest concentration of domestic flying.

Interesting comment.

If one thinks breaking rules and colluding with the established unions amounts to a job well done, then, yes because they can almost equal the financial performance only because they are standing on the backs of the employees.

Iwe finish the year just a notch below the best performing airlines.
It's also impotant to recognize we're running a much better airline now.
Your statement should say we're running a much better MAINLINE airline now.
The numbers are misguided considering passengers arrived with out there bags this stat is express and mainline together the result are evident. Were as the O.T, stat is mainline only
2/3 of USAirways is run and managed by outside sources. To many entities results in uncountable

I am one of those VFFs who has left US. I will not say that I will never fly them again, but presently they have not shown enough improvement for me to return and pay full price for a ticket. However, I do have $950 remaining (of approximately $1600) in US Airways vouchers from the "wonderful" year of air travel I had in 2007 that I will redeem only for the lowest of fares.

Although I have very limited carrier options (read: three!) from my small home airport, I have found a better products with Delta and Northwest.

There are various reasons for US Airways' 4th quarter loss, but I can tell you that I know many VFFs that have left completely and this exodus will increasingly manifest itself unless there are more improvements in operations and service.

I am one of those VFFs who has left US. I will not say that I will never fly them again, but presently they have not shown enough improvement for me to return and pay full price for a ticket.

Although I have very limited carrier options (read: three!) from my small home airport, I have found a better products with Delta and Northwest.

There are various reasons for US Airways' 4th quarter loss, but I can tell you that I know many VFFs that have left completely and this exodus will increasingly manifest itself unless there are more improvements in operations and service.

DrBeth, my hopes are that our current management, or new management at US Airways can make the improvements you and so many others are seeking to win back your business.

Please know that your frustrations with the airline are felt just as much, if not more, by the frontline employees of US Airways. Sometimes we feel as if we are losing the fight ourselves when we read testimonies such as yours and yet so many of us keep trying to give 110% to keep your business despite the character defects of our Company.

Wishing you all the best with your future flights with whomever you choose to fly and hope that one day we can be your airline of choice once again!