East Over 60 Pilots as of November

Hopefully, they will all take the early full-pay "vacation." Inevitably, though, there will be the occasional boy scout who will fly to the very last day with a full sick bank, thinking he has "saved the airline" with his high ethics and dignity. He will get his $13,000 check for the year-and-a-half he could have been enjoying life and be dead within 6 months of his retirement. Because it will occur to him that his "effort" meant nothing to anybody, and now that he's no longer a big shot airline pilot, he has nothing to live for. He could have used that fully-paid "vacation" to find other meaningful activities, but instead he got his $13,000 check....about enough for the funeral.

Bravo!!

NICDOA
NPJB

My post was in jest. I couldn't resist....
I actually have no rumors or pranks to report on retirement , but could easily see the age being slowly pushed up as they get more data. That is believable.

Fact is we are nearing the end of year 4 on the big retirement freeze. So far, at least here on the East nobody is leaving, and it does not seem like a large amount of sick time is being burned. Couple of guesses on the reasons, the first being maybe those that thought they were going to retire at 60 already started whittling it down 5 years ago? Don't know. The second is at this age, maybe nobody wants to be home full time with their wives?!

Not the rocket ship ride up the list out East some are preaching..I have even posted the numbers before...really only about 350 total over the next three years using age 65. What is not being said is that for a lot of us a simple move of a hundred numbers could be a big change. Might get me close to the big iron if I can just get up a couple hundred.

Status quo and I see no break in the log jam, but any type of change in either PBGC or some back pay could instantly make a lot of guys look at LTD, looking to a full year already accumulated back to 1 Jan 10.

Judging by the seesaw bids for at least CLT, even the Company seems to be guessing wrong. We are all in uncharted territory.

Who really knows. But it sure would be nice to at least move up more than single digits in one year!

RR

Wouldn't it be a shame to get fired with over a year left to go because you thought you could pull a fast one on the company? I'd like to see the face of the slimer who gets a registered letter from Parker stating they have to go to a doctor the company pays for to validate that they are really too sick to fly.

Suppose you try playing by the rules for just once and see how it turns out.

why would it matter if you get fired with a year left? No pension/ No healthcare... no reason

Wouldn't it be a shame to get fired with over a year left to go because you thought you could pull a fast one on the company? I'd like to see the face of the slimer who gets a registered letter from Parker stating they have to go to a doctor the company pays for to validate that they are really too sick to fly.

Suppose you try playing by the rules for just once and see how it turns out.

Me? My bank time is zip...so I don't qualify. At any rate, Parker can send all the registered letters he wants and mandate all the physical exams (at his expense) that he wants. There are dozens of medical conditions that are intermittent, yet disqualifying for commercial flying, i.e. no apparent symptoms that a physician can document.

Anything else to add, Ace?

....... What is not being said is that for a lot of us a simple move of a hundred numbers could be a big change. Might get me close to the big iron if I can just get up a couple hundred.

RR

Be careful what you wish for. I know one fellow who was on it a few years and came back to domestic. He looked ten years older and described it as sleep deprivation and de-tox :) Pays more but ages you faster.

The second is at this age, maybe nobody wants to be home full time with their wives?!

I'll bet that sentiment is mutual. I suspect many wives will find a lot of bridge clubs, reading groups and volunteer work once hubby is home full time. Of course, she could always lock him in the basement with a PC and an internet connection, then we have to put up with him. (Sound familiar?)

why would it matter if you get fired with a year left? No pension/ No healthcare... no reason
I can think of about 120,000 reasons. If they fire you, you don't get your sick bank. And I wouldn't count on the company rolling over on a bunch of guys sicking out with a year to go. But hey try it if you like. Maybe get a couple lanyards made up to advertise your swell idea.

Reactions: 2 people
I can think of about 120,000 reasons. If they fire you, you don't get your sick bank. And I wouldn't count on the company rolling over on a bunch of guys sicking out with a year to go. But hey try it if you like. Maybe get a couple lanyards made up to advertise your swell idea.

:D

I'll bet that sentiment is mutual. I suspect many wives will find a lot of bridge clubs, reading groups and volunteer work once hubby is home full time. Of course, she could always lock him in the basement with a PC and an internet connection, then we have to put up with him. (Sound familiar?)

Yes ! JG...aka BB...aka pumpkin man, yes, there are pics out there.