Electronic OT rules and regs

We used an electronic OT system at Philip Morris USA, worked very well.

Glad to see StaffAdmin going to the base. It's a great tool when used right --- did they ever enable the ability to do CS's and OT signups from home or via Jetnet?

About 12 years back, the company CIO decreed that all workgroups had to move over to a program Res had bought licenses for. The wiz kids at the software company couldn't ever figure out how to get the CS or OT rules for Fleet Service CS policy to work, so after about two years of arguing, IT gave in and let us keep StaffAdmin in the hubs. Probably one of the longest battles I got to fight, so it's good to see the program is still being used.

Reactions: 2 people
E, yes, you can sign up for OT, put in or take out a cs, or you can even do lessons from the comfort of your own home.

AANOTOK said:
E, yes, you can sign up for OT, put in or take out a cs, or you can even do lessons from the comfort of your own home.
Why anyone would do the company's business (lessons) on their own time is beyond me.

Reactions: 2 people
For whatever reason, it was something people asked for, repeatedly.

Spending time in the training room before or after shift doesn't work for everyone, and getting the extra 30 minutes pay may not be worth being able to be home for dinner or to help the kids with their homework...

Reactions: 1 person
My reason JFK, because I was on vacation in another state and had a "reader" due while I was on VC. Some management folk (not all) can and will deny you a cs if you are past due on any lesson. It took me two minutes to log on, read it, receive credit and log out. Therefore I was able to cs off two more days and extend my vacation.
Just nice to have that option.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts