Employees using the club?

As a US Airways Club member, I have no problem with HP/US employees joining or using the club... your membership dollars are as good as mine. I don't really think the "party atmosphere" fears are warranted at all.

I think that ban was a symptom of U management's inbred mistrust of the rank-and-file more than anything else. "They're employees, they don't know any better." :rolleyes:
I think you hit it squarely Travis. I wonder if the suits can visit the club when they are travelling??

A few years ago I worked for another "legacy airline" feeder, was also a Mid-Level frequent flyer (flew 75k rev. miles a year), and was also a club member.

I found the clubs to be a very nice getaway from the "blah" i consider gate areas.... to sit at a bar without having slobs all around, or children everywhere (less the Orlando club!), etc.

But, unfortunately at US-East, we are not permitted entry to the club unless you are a PSA crew member using the closed room on the D gates @ CLT! :p

We're not even allowed to purchase a membership :( :(

You've got to be kidding. Certainly any retiree paying the membership is currently allowed in the clubs. Right?
Not before active personnel get their much needed rest while commuting. Paying your dues or paying for membership should be terminated at will for retiree's don't you agree?

SegmentKing, I would think that policy would change now - given that America West appears to have no such restrictive policy on employees purchasing club memberships.

Basically, as long as employees act in a professional manner in the U Clubs, I have no problem with you all using the facilities - and I don't think there's a single one of you who isn't smart enough and mature enough to know that.

Y'all fly the planes, serve us drinks, turn wrenches, print off our tickets and listen to us whine about elite upgrades - and act professionally and personably throughout. The idea that you couldn't be trusted to act in the same professional manner while using the clubs is simply ludicrous.

As a pax and Club member, I definitely think employees should be allowed into the Clubs if they want to pay their way in. Give them a discount, even.

From the airline's perspective, I think employees should only be allowed in while not in uniform. I personally wouldn't care, but I think many Club members would think their membership was devalued if they saw uniformed employees.

LAS will retain free booze :wub: . All others will charge.

The reason LAS will have free drinks has something to do with the local liquor laws and such.

The other airlines' clubs are pretty much split down the middle, some charge for booze, some don't. I really don't mind paying, it's only $4 or $5 (I forget), which isn't out of line. And the bartenders tend to be very generous with the portions.

And the Envoy Lounge in PHL has a well-stocked, free, open bar, so those important customers are taken care of. (I think if you're connecting to an Envoy flight and go to the Club in your originating city, they'll give you drink coupons too.)

Latest posts

Back