Envoy training

espresso/cappuccino maker that is INOP half the time. Plus people leave the little WHATCHAMACALLIT steam thing on it. Even been SICK off sour milk? I always get on to see a used steamer with dried milk on it and throw it away. I tell everyone but they just look at me like "uh huh".
Anyway, remember when they were going to put the Belgian Waffle maker in 1st on the 330! That was before LaQuinta started with the buffet.

Continental, like US Airways does not have a first class cabin... that is their business class. The service described above is similar or even below what US had a few years ago. We do still have an expresso/cappucino maker, only on the 330s though.
Why do we call our Domestic F/C yet Transatlantic is Envoy, business class? Our domestic product isn't even close to business class, why don't they call it coach plus, or Big Seat class? :lol:

First of all, regardless of where Beachboy sits, his point is right. To charge the same if not more for inferior service is just not acceptable. And for those who are of the school that if they will pay for it why not, those who pay then experience it most certainly won't do it again.

I have flown CO both domestic and internationally, in F and Business First, which is really kind of a hybrid between business class and true international first class service. They have extensive menus, excellent presentation, and I must say, darn good food. The trip back from Italy in November was memorable--such a relaxed service on a 10 hour flight with all the extras, plus a meal before arrival. The new Envoy product seems like a world of improvement over what is currently being offered, but as I have said before, I fear it will fall short in some way. If it does I am sure it will not be due to any shortcomings of the crews--I still think you guys and gals are among the best in the industry.

It will be interesting for me to see what CO's business/first product is like on the EWR-PEK flight, which I will be taking within a few days. My friend at CO tells me they have 3 full meals on that one--and there should be plenty of time for me to see a movie or three.

I think it's great that they are finally paying attention to product--but there is SO much more they need to do--like take care of you guys and gals....without labor peace there is no chance for success..

My BEST to you all...

Why do we call our Domestic F/C yet Transatlantic is Envoy, business class? Our domestic product isn't even close to business class, why don't they call it coach plus, or Big Seat class? :lol:

I agree that all of our premium products- First, Envoy, Shuttle etc have all gone to crap under the business casual idiots, but the cabin names are an industry standard. On domestic flights, there's first and coach/economy, unless you have three cabins, the mid one would be business (most airlines have their own name for their business class). On international flights, first class is a step above business, usually pretty extranvagant. Most US carriers only have economy and business on intl, the exceptions being AA and UA.

US did have a 6 seat FC cabin on the A330, which is physically still there but now considered part of Envoy. US calls it's business class Envoy Class, and oddly, calls Y Economy on international and Coach on domestic.

I agree that all of our premium products- First, Envoy, Shuttle etc have all gone to crap under the business casual idiots, but the cabin names are an industry standard. On domestic flights, there's first and coach/economy, unless you have three cabins, the mid one would be business (most airlines have their own name for their business class). On international flights, first class is a step above business, usually pretty extranvagant. Most US carriers only have economy and business on intl, the exceptions being AA and UA.

US did have a 6 seat FC cabin on the A330, which is physically still there but now considered part of Envoy. US calls it's business class Envoy Class, and oddly, calls Y Economy on international and Coach on domestic.
So what did you use to serve in the f/c cabin Transatlantic v.s. Envoy?

So what did you use to serve in the f/c cabin Transatlantic v.s. Envoy?

First Class on the 330 was great - 6 passengers - 2 flight attendants - and the service was amazing. Pretty much whatever you wanted you could have - as I recall they catered all 4 menu choices for each passenger. The only difference, as I recall, between first and Envoy was that some of the Envoy service was from a cart, like the appetizers, salads etc. - but in FC it was all service from the galley. The china was also different. They also changed Envoy slightly when they started FC - I think they combined the dessert and cheese course into one in Envoy, but kept it separate in FC so that there were more courses in first than Envoy. The wine selection was also different. And - in FC you got pajamas! Imagine that!

You also got served canape's (appetizers) during boarding. You were served Dinner/Lunch/Arrival Service at your request. You had 2 dedicated F/A's per 6 passengers....which was pretty amazing back then! You're place setting was done by the F/A's who placed all the silverware down piece by piece. Yes, you did get a fantastic drawstring tote that had pajamas, slippers, and upgraded amenities in it. Once you changed into your pj's the F/A's would give you large pillows and comforters to go to sleep. In the beginning of the TransAtlantic F/C days you also got to select a gift from a catalog as a special thanks for flying USAirways! We will never see ANYTHING like that ever again!

You also got served canape's (appetizers) during boarding. You were served Dinner/Lunch/Arrival Service at your request. You had 2 dedicated F/A's per 6 passengers....which was pretty amazing back then! You're place setting was done by the F/A's who placed all the silverware down piece by piece. Yes, you did get a fantastic drawstring tote that had pajamas, slippers, and upgraded amenities in it. Once you changed into your pj's the F/A's would give you large pillows and comforters to go to sleep. The lavatories had fresh flowers and bottles of cologne and perfume for the passengers to use. In the beginning of the TransAtlantic F/C days you also got to select a gift from a catalog as a special thanks for flying USAirways! We will never see ANYTHING like that ever again!

You also got served canape's (appetizers) during boarding. You were served Dinner/Lunch/Arrival Service at your request. You had 2 dedicated F/A's per 6 passengers....which was pretty amazing back then! You're place setting was done by the F/A's who placed all the silverware down piece by piece. Yes, you did get a fantastic drawstring tote that had pajamas, slippers, and upgraded amenities in it. Once you changed into your pj's the F/A's would give you large pillows and comforters to go to sleep. In the beginning of the TransAtlantic F/C days you also got to select a gift from a catalog as a special thanks for flying USAirways! We will never see ANYTHING like that ever again!
Sounds great! Maybe one day we can all work that kind of service again. Part of the reason I got this job was to work flights like that one day. One can hope, but doubt it! :( Our signature service back in 2000 in F/C at HP was the only good thing I was actually proud to work, which I know is far par from the old US. Bummer.

Sounds great! Maybe one day we can all work that kind of service again. Part of the reason I got this job was to work flights like that one day. One can hope, but doubt it! :( Our signature service back in 2000 in F/C at HP was the only good thing I was actually proud to work, which I know is far par from the old US. Bummer.

I'm sorry to laugh, but... then why did you go to America West? It's by no means senior to work these services or do international at any airline aside from US, just because there is very little of it here and we've become a very little airline.

I'm sorry to laugh, but... then why did you go to America West? It's by no means senior to work these services or do international at any airline aside from US, just because there is very little of it here and we've become a very little airline.

Continental f/as with only 2 years' seniority can hold international blocks to Europe. Imagine that!

US Airways has f/as with 20 years' seniority who can't even hold international blocks! Well, in the summer maybe. Where do you want to go today? LGW or MAN?

Continental f/as with only 2 years' seniority can hold international blocks to Europe. Imagine that!

US Airways has f/as with 20 years' seniority who can't even hold international blocks! Well, in the summer maybe. Where do you want to go today? LGW or MAN?

Hey Chickie. Do you think if I hang around this popsicle stand 20 years someone will give me some headsets without charging me? Even though I always forget that we have trash bags of them in the break room and they're all over the place - - you think one day I'll get a freebie?

Hey Chickie. Do you think if I hang around this popsicle stand 20 years someone will give me some headsets without charging me? Even though I always forget that we have trash bags of them in the break room and they're all over the place - - you think one day I'll get a freebie?

Not as long as we are making 1990 wages you won't! Hey, f/as have to pay the bills somehow. Desperate times call for desperate measures. :lol: Now I would never charge a non-rev for headsets...Pulease! I always try and hook my non-rev peeps up!

Wait speaking of non revs... We had two mechanics sitting in the second to last row on the 757. We were talking about typical airline BS and just engaging in friendly conversation during boarding. I gave them headsets and told them we'd take care of them with drinks. I gave them wrapped blankets and new "double" covered pillows. Now during the flight I gave them doubles while working out of the back. They asked for another round of drinks and had money on the tray table. The "B" absolutely KNEW they were employees and took their money. I looked at her as she came back. She said that they had already had a few and they were just taking advantage now. I said, "Are you freakin' serious? Why do you care anyway....I'll just get it up front don't worry about it". We have some real unsupervised wackjobs running around let me tell ya. Ok sorry back on topic. Can't WAIT for that "on par" Envoy training. :rolleyes:

Back