ERJ 170

I think eventually everything is going to be repainted. Might take a while though.

they may as well paint them as "Republic Airways" as you can't tell is USAirways Express anymore -- do they even say "USAirways Express" anymore on their aircraft or just "Republic Airways".

Although I'd be the first to recommend "Replacement Airways" or even "AlmostAScab Air"

They've already added to the USX uniform.. may as well go all the way and get their own!

Actually they call that uniform theirs. They say its the Republic Holdings Uniform as everyone one of their codeshares has the same uniform.

Personally, I still don't call them replacement workers, remember that US Airways sold off those airplanes.. they weren't stolen.

Personally, I still don't call them replacement workers, remember that US Airways sold off those airplanes.. they weren't stolen.
What's the difference, they REPLACED hundreds of Airways employees. Same airplane, same route, and same stations only now the airways employees have been replaced with republic employees. It was all worth it because management got their 35 million in bonuses.

do they even say "USAirways Express" anymore on their aircraft or just "Republic Airways".
Actually they do....I fly Republic a lot and yesterday on 2 flights, I paid attention to how the FA and Captain designated it.....in all circumstances (2 flights/2 flight crews), they all said USAirways Express operated by Republic Airlines.

Actually they do....I fly Republic a lot and yesterday on 2 flights, I paid attention to how the FA and Captain designated it.....in all circumstances (2 flights/2 flight crews), they all said USAirways Express operated by Republic Airlines.

Actually, they always make sure to say "Republic Airlines" before "US Airways Express." I've been on tons of Republic flights after they took over the 170's, and they seem to like to repeat Republic as much as possible. I'm a former MDA ramper, and even though I'm a little bitter about the whole thing, I never heard Air Whisky or even Mesa mention their names even close to the amount that Republic would say it on one flight. Also, why is that you're not allowed to use your cell phone upon landing just like on every other US Airways/US Airways Express flight????? I mean, it's not that big of a deal I guess, but I just don't get it. On practically every other US Airways flight you can, but not Republic! I also don't know why I have to turn my iPod off 20 minutes before the door closes.

Actually, they always make sure to say "Republic Airlines" before "US Airways Express." I've been on tons of Republic flights after they took over the 170's, and they seem to like to repeat Republic as much as possible. I'm a former MDA ramper, and even though I'm a little bitter about the whole thing, I never heard Air Whisky or even Mesa mention their names even close to the amount that Republic would say it on one flight. Also, why is that you're not allowed to use your cell phone upon landing just like on every other US Airways/US Airways Express flight????? I mean, it's not that big of a deal I guess, but I just don't get it. On practically every other US Airways flight you can, but not Republic! I also don't know why I have to turn my iPod off 20 minutes before the door closes.

The employees are only doing what is told to them by their employer. The manual states that they must use the Republic Airlines name in the announcements. Was it Republic management's idea? I don't know. Did US AIRWAYS tell Republic they wanted it that way? I don't know. All I can say is it is in their manual, so you can only fault them for doing what they are told to do by the higher ups.

The cell phones.....Republic operates under a different POI than US AIRWAYS and at this point that POI will not allow cell phones. This is an FAA thing, not an employee being difficult thing.

People can we please get back to the orginal question at hand.

Yes, they're going to paint them in the new livery....eventually. The east 737's better be in line before them though. They need the paint job more than any other plane in our fleet.

Yes, they're going to paint them in the new livery....eventually. The east 737's better be in line before them though. They need the paint job more than any other plane in our fleet.
Do we think the 737's will be kept around? I have been wondering with the 190's coming on line.

I also don't know why I have to turn my iPod off 20 minutes before the door closes.

I found out why recently. I was sitting in 1C on a recent PIT to PVD flight operated by our dear friends (prior to the secondary TSA gate inspections, I bet the TSA is screwing up their door closure and departure times with the new gate inspections.). Onboard was a new "intraining" F/A along with the check F/A and the B F/A. The check F/A informed the newbie that they like to close the door 15 minutes prior to pushback. I was shocked when I overheard this. And sure enough they closed the forward door exactly 15 minutes before scheduled departure and we were off the gate at exactly 5 mintues to scheduled departure.

And now I know why my seat was given away on another Republic operated flight when I showed up at the gate in PHL 12 mintues before scheduled departure. The G/A had the audacity to say to me...."we've been calling for you"!? I replied, my connecting flight has been circling PHL for the past 35 minutes and I had to make a mad dash just to get to this flight. She showed no concern for me. Oh well she says, we've put you on the next flight.

Along with MESA, I now avoid REPUBLIC operated flights. And it's getting harder and harder to try to stay away from them.